The procedure to change address in passport is very simple. You will need to keep your documents with you for verification and submit a small fee at the passport Seva Kendra. Follow our guide on How to change address on passport online.
In case you are looking to change your passport address online, you can now do it easily online directly via the Passport Seva portal. The website now allows you to let you apply for a re-issue of your passport with the new address. This has made it easy to update your address on your passport in case you've relocated to a new address or plan to change your existing address to a new one. You can apply for a re-issue to change your address; you'll get your passport with a new number that will be registered for your updated address. Follow our step-by-step guide to change your address on your passport.
To change your address on your passport you will need some documents ready which will be required at the time of visiting the nearest Passport Seva Kendra. The Passport Seva portal lists the documents required. The passport address change documents will be verified and make sure to carry a copy with you along with the originals for address change to the nearest PSK. A small fee will also have to be paid online to apply for reissuing the passport. You will also need to pay a small fee for reissuing the passport which depends on the age of the applicant as well as the reason for reissuance, etc. The exact amount for passport reissuance can be checked on the Passport Seva portal. Follow the steps mentioned in the procedure to change the address in passport.
1. You will need to visit the Passport Seva portal and click on the New User Registration link.
2. Enter your details accurately and select the nearest passport office that you want to visit.
3. Next, type in the CAPTCHA characters and then click on the Register button.
4. You will be able to log in to the Passport Seva Portal with your registered login ID.
5. Next, choose to Apply for the Fresh Passport/ Reissue of Passport option from the Applicant Home webpage.
6. Then choose the second option from the list that has the Click here to fill the application form online option.
7. Then enter the details such as the type of application and the type of passport booklet.
8. Next Click on the Next button.
9. You will have to select the View Saved/ Submitted Applications option.
10. Then click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment link to make the payment of the reissuance fee and schedule your appointment.
11. You have to Select Online Payment. This method can be used to make the payment through Internet banking or credit or debit card. You can also use the Challan Payment option in case you don't have the online payment option ready.
12. Then hit the Next button.
13. Choose your PSK location and then print the application receipt.
Once you have the receipt, you can visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office where you have reserved the appointment. Make sure to carry your original credentials along with the application receipt. You are not required to carry the physical application receipt if you have the SMS message which you would have received on your phone after taking the appointment online.
To find the nearest Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) or Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSKs) online, the official website lists the details of all the PSKs and POPSKs across the country and you can narrow down your search based on your city and pin code. In order to apply for a passport or get re-issuance, you will need to go to the nearest passport office for verification. Follow the steps mentioned below to find the most nearby passport office online:
1. Go to the official passport government site.
2. Next click on Passport Offices in the main menu bar on top of the home page.
3. Then, you have to click on Passport Offices in India.
4. You will be able to Locate Passport Seva Kendra in the left menu panel of the Passport Offices in India section.
5. Next, you can search by cities or pin code.
6. Next, select the choice that you desire and click on Locate PSK/ POPSK. You will be able to select the city and see the list of PSKs and POPSKs in the region. You can also enter your pin code for searching the nearest PSK.
7. A list of all the nearby PSKs or POPSKs will be displayed and you can select the one that you prefer.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indian government has made it mandatory for applicants visiting a passport office to follow certain guidelines. You will have to wear a face mask, carry a sanitiser, and use the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile phone. Make sure to follow all social distancing norms during your visit to the passport Kendra.