Reliance Jio is one the largest telecom providers in India offering budget-friendly plans. The company offers postpaid and prepaid plans to its customers along with broadband, and other services. The telecom provider also offers benefits like bundled OTT subscriptions, extra data, unlimited voice calls, and more.
If you want to become a Jio customer, you can easily purchase a Jio SIM, or you can also port your current mobile connection to Jio via the MNP facility. Once you get your new SIM, you will need to activate it. The whole process is very simple, and you will have to do tele verification to complete the process. Once done you can activate voice/data-based services on your phone as per your requirement.
The Jio SIM activation process is very easy and can be started once you have procured a new Jio SIM card. Subscribers will need to submit all documents to get a new SIM card after which they will receive an SMS on their alternate number for tele verification. In case you do not receive the SMS, then you will have to wait for up to 7 days or call 1800-8899-999 to check the status of your application for a new Jio sim card.
You can get a new Jio SIM from offline stores, or you can also put a request online to receive a new Jio SIM at your home.
1. To get the new Jio SIM card you will need to submit all documents for the KYC process.
2. You will be able to track the application status on your alternate number.
If you want to purchase a new Jio SIM, you will have to show Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA).
You can submit your Aadhaar card, voter ID card, passport, or driving license to the nearest Jio Stores or retailer to get a new SIM card. Alternatively, show them to the executive who comes to your home to deliver SIM and complete the KYC process.
To get a Jio SIM card at home, users will have to request a new sim online, and submit their Aadhaar card to the Jio executive who visits your home with the Ekyc device.
Although the delivery of the new SIM card is free, customers will have to pay the executive for the chosen data or voice plan. The payment can be done at home by cash or credit/ debit card. You can schedule your Jio SIM delivery at your convenience.
Once you receive the new SIM card, follow the below-mentioned steps for activating your Jio SIM.
1. First, call 1977 using the phone that has your Jio SIM.
2. Next, you will be asked to enter a five-digit T-PIN (Tele-verification PIN) to complete the process. You will get the PIN in an SMS on your alternate number.
3. In case you don’t receive a T-PIN on your alternate number, the user will have to call 1977 or 1800-890-1977 to resend T-PIN.
4. Next, Enter the five-digit T-PIN. Alternatively, users can also enter the last four digits of their Aadhaar number to complete the tele verification process.
5. Once this is completed successfully, your Jio SIM should be activated. In case your SIM is not activated, please wait for 2-3 hours. If it still does not activate, users will have to contact Jio customer support.
Remember that the tele-verification process needs to be completed within 30 days of placing the order for a new SIM. If that is not done, then the Jio sim card will be cancelled.
In case you wish to activate only data services on your Jio SIM card then follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Dial 1800-890-1977 from any number.
2. Select your preferred language.
3. Next, you will be asked to enter your Jio phone number.
4. Once done, data services will be activated on your Jio SIM card.
One of the easiest ways to activate your Jio SIM is to download the MyJio app from the Google play store or the Apple app store. It is a free app and shows you all details regarding your Jio mobile number.
1. Download and open the MyJio and log in via your my Jio number and OTP.
2. Next, you will have to open the app, you’ll find your prepaid balance displayed under the My Jio category.
3. Tapping on your account will show options like account balance, recharge history, data balance, and exclusive offers.
4. You will also be able to see the various quick recharges or a detailed list of existing plans on offer with the validity period from which you can choose your preferred plan.