With the rising Omicron threat, the Indian government has opened CoWIN registrations for the COVID-19 vaccination beneficiaries in the 15-18 age group. The registrations started on the occasion of New Year on Saturday, Jan 1, 2022. During this vaccination drive, children can do walk-in as well as register online via CoWIN facilities. You will also need to submit your age proof/ or a valid identity proof like an Aadhaar card, PAN Card, etc. After the vaccination is done you will receive a certificate of vaccination.
The government has mandated that all necessary protocols regarding vaccination of kids between the ages of 15-18 years will be strictly followed. Post-vaccination shot, the children between 15-18 years of age will have to wait for half an hour to keep a check on any after-effects. Following Immunisation (AEFI) the second dose will be delivered after 28 days. Children born in 2007 or before can register for vaccination. The government has also announced that states should have a separate line for 18 years and above and for 15-18 years age group who are getting vaccinated.
On December 25, 2021, India’s PM Narendra Modi had announced, that from Jan 3, 2022, the vaccination for the age-group 15-18 years will begin. In the age group of 15–18-year-old, only Bharat Biotech's Covaxin will be administered. The PM had also announced that a precautionary third dose for the vulnerable categories will also start from January 10, 2022. The third dose will be administered to those whose second dose has been done over 39 weeks ago.
Here is the list of documents that you need to possess to get a COVID 19 vaccination. The government has mandated the use of the Aadhaar card, however in case you don’t have an Aadhaar card, he/she can use other valid IDs like student ID cards. Using a student ID card for registration will be very convenient for kids.
Here is how to book COVID 19 vaccination slot for 15 – 18-year-olds.
1. First, visit the official CoWIN portal at cowin.gov.in
2. Next, sign in using your Mobile Number and OTP.
3. Post-registration, you have to book an appointment by selecting your preferred date and time.
4. You will be able to see the Vaccination for children option, you will have to click on it.
5. If you have an existing phone number, then you simply click on ‘add new member’ and then enter all the details.
6. Click on the schedule button which is visible on the right-hand side of the screen.
7. Next, choose the vaccination centre from the list available.
8. Then, complete your appointment formalities to reserve a spot.
You can also register for Covid 19 vaccination via UMANG App. Follow the below mentioned steps to register and book a slot.
1. First, download either app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
2. Second Sign-up on to the app with your registered phone number.
3. Open Co-WIN, and tap to open the tab.
4. Next select ‘Register or Login for Vaccination’
5. You will have to verify your registered mobile number.
6. Next fill up the form to register for the Covid 19 vaccination for your children.
You can find a COVID vaccine centre near you, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. First, visit the CoWIN portal.
2. Next, register for the vaccine for kids with your verified mobile number.
3. You will also have to submit a valid identity card like Aadhaar card or a student school ID card is also valid.
4. Next, just search for the vaccination centres near you by entering the pin code of your area or by district name or by using Map.
5. You will be able to check the list of available vaccine centres for the COVID vaccine for kids in India.
6. Just select the one convenient for you.
Here is how vaccinated Indian citizens can download their vaccination certificate.
1. First, login to CoWIN website / Arogya Setu/ UMANG app on your mobile phone.
2. Enter the registered mobile number and tap on the Get OTP option.
3. Next, enter the 6-digit OTP that you will receive on your mobile phone.
3. Then tap on Verify & click Proceed.
4. After that, you will be redirected to the page where you will be able to see the Certificate option.
5. Now download or print your COVID 19 vaccination certificate.