Facebook-owned Instagram has over a billion users and is one of the most popular video and photo sharing apps in the world. The app has recently replaced the swipe-up link tool which allowed you to add links to Instagram Stories with link stickers. The swipe up link feature permitted your followers to swipe up on your stories or tap on the arrow at the bottom of their screen to access the links that are added in the post without leaving the Instagram app. However please note, to add a link to your story, your profile must be a business or creator account only with over 10,000 followers, or your profile must be verified.
Instagram link sticker works just like a swipe-up link however in this you tap on the link instead of a swipe. Followers will also be able to respond to stories with link stickers that was not possible with stories with a swipe-up link.
The app maker is currently testing the new feature before doing a global rollout to other users. The link sticker feature is not available in the Instagram feed or any other part of the app.
In case you turn on Instagram Shopping, you can direct your followers to tap on shippable links where they can view product details or even your Instagram profile shop or a collection of products you have created. If you don't have Instagram Shopping, you can do a simple link sharing, such as a link to an article, blog post, or external site or shop.
If you have the swipe-up link tool or the link sticker tool, then you can easily add a link to your post. Please note that the stories only stay up for 24 hours on the app. However, adding links to your Instagram Stories makes it easier for your followers to access any additional content you want to share.
Instagram allows only one Swipe-up link per story. Your followers who view your story with a link will see a tiny arrow and text prompt at the bottom of the story. You will need to do an upwards swiping motion to open the link. Once the link is posted, you will be able to track its metrics, like click on engagements, within the Instagram app.
A user must have a business or creator account with over 10,000 followers or must be verified to use the swipe-up tool. Follow the steps to add links with the swipe up tool.
1. First, open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android phone.
2. Next, you will have to click on the Stories camera paced at the top of your display screen.
3. You can take a photo or video in the app or choose from your camera roll to post.
4. Next, you have to tap the link icon in the centre of your screen.
5. You can paste your URL or IGTV link.
6. If you’re using an iOS device, click on Done, while Android users have to tap on the check.
Instagram’s clickable link sticker feature has been unveiled to replace the swipe-up link tool which is currently available to high-profile users only. The new link sticker can be easily added anywhere to a story. Here is how to use Link stickers.
1. First, open Instagram.
2. Next, tap the stories camera.
3. You have to take a photo or video in the app or choose one from your camera roll.
4. Next, head to the Instagram Stories sticker tray icon.
5. You will need to scroll until you see the link sticker. Simply select it.
6. Then, you will have to enter or paste the URL.
7. Users can also reposition the sticker by dragging or resizing it.
8. Instagram gives you the option to add three different colours by tapping the icon before publishing.
9. In case, you are using an iOS device, simply tap Done. If you’re using an Android device then you have to tap on the check.
Here’s how can link an IGTV video from an Instagram story.
1. You can record a video between 15 seconds and 10 minutes and upload it to IGTV.
2. Next, add links to the video description.
3. Then, create an Instagram story.
4. Next, you have to add a clear call to action to your stories. This allows people to swipe up and tap on the small arrow next to your IGTV video title.
5. Then, just select the link icon at the top of the screen and click on the “IGTV video.”
6. This will enable your IGTV video to be directly accessible via a swipe up link from your Instagram story.
If you have Instagram shopping enabled in your account you can give the link to your shop from any Instagram story. Follow these steps to link your Instagram shop.
1. Set up Instagram Shopping for your account.
2. Next, you can do this by following Instagram’s setup guide here.
3. Then, create an Instagram story.
4. Next, select the link icon at the top of the screen and tap “Shop.”
5. Your Instagram Shop will be directly accessible via a swipe up link from your Instagram story.