State Bank of India like most banks’ issues debit cards and provides a PIN that enables card usage at ATMs and retail terminals. PIN mailers are sent by the bank at the cardholders' address through postal service or courier. However, cardholders also have the option to generate their ATM PIN online. State Bank of India offers customers numerous ways to activate their ATM or debit card like online, SMS, and via ATM. Follow the below-mentioned steps to generate your SBI Debit ATM card.
How to get SBI debit card PIN via bank ATM
You can easily generate your SBI card PIN at the SBI ATM. Once you have received your SBI debit card, for SBI debit card activation visit any one of the nearest SBI ATMs. Follow the below-mentioned steps to generate SBI card PIN by ATM.
1. Insert the debit card in the ATM
2. Select the 'PIN Generation' option
3. You will be asked to enter your 11-digit account number.
4. Enter the number using the keypad and click 'Confirm'.
5. Next, you will be prompted to enter your registered mobile number
6. Just enter the same and press 'Confirm'.
7. The next screen would display the message 'Your PIN will be delivered shortly to your registered mobile number'.
8. Press 'Confirm' to see another message which says 'Your PIN generation has been successful and you will receive the same on your mobile number'.
9. You will then receive a message on your phone with one time PIN (OTP).
How To Change SBI Debit Card Pin
Once you receive the OTP pin, you will need to remove and re-insert your SBI card and follow the steps to generate the actual debit card PIN using the PIN.
1. Next insert the SBI card in the ATM.
2. Select 'Banking'
3. Choose your preferred language either English, Hindi, or regional language based on the available options.
4. On the next screen, you will need to enter the OTP received on your registered mobile phone.
5. Select the 'PIN Change' option from the 'Select Transaction' menu.
6. Next, enter a new four-digit PIN of your choice and re-confirm the same.
7. After that, you will receive a message stating that 'Your PIN has been changed successfully.
The new PIN which you receive will be the actual PIN for your SBI ATM card and can be used for all card transactions like cash withdrawal, retail purchases, as well as online transactions.
How to generate SBI Card PIN via SMS
You can also generate the SBI card PIN by sending a simple message from your registered mobile number.
SMS PIN ABCD EFGH (ABCD represent the last four digits of the debit card number and EFGH represent the last four digits of the bank account number linked to the debit card) to 567676
SMS ‘PIN ABCD EFGH’ to 567676
Once the SMS is sent, you will receive an OTP number on your mobile.
The OTP will be valid for 2 days and you can use it to generate a debit card PIN by visiting any of the SBI ATMs by following the above-mentioned steps.
How to generate SBI Debit Card PIN Online
You can also generate your SBI Debit card PIN via the internet banking option. SBI debit card for internet banking makes it convenient for cardholders to make transactions. Existing SBI internet banking customers have to follow the below-mentioned process to generate their debit card or ATM card's PIN online.
1. Log in to SBI Online with your login details.
2. From the main menu, select 'e-Services> ATM Card Services'.
3. On the ATM Card Services page, select 'ATM PIN Generation.
4. Next, choose the 'Using One Time Password' or 'Using Profile Password’ option.
5. Then 'Using Profile Password' option, click on the associated bank account and click 'Submit'
6. Select the SBI debit card and click 'Confirm'
7. You will be taken to the 'ATM PIN Generation' page, where you will have to enter any two digits to create a new PIN.
8. Simply Enter the digits and click 'Submit'
9. Next, you will then receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with 2 digits.
10. On the next screen, you can enter the 2 digits you have chosen earlier and 2 digits you received through SMS and click 'Submit'
11. Then you will now see a message, which says that your ATM PIN has been changed successfully.
12. Once you enter your new PIN, you need to go to 'e-Services > ATM Card Services > New ATM Card Activation' to activate the card.
13. The card can also be activated by conducting the first transaction at any SBI ATM.
How to generate SBI Debit Card PIN by calling
You can also generate your SBI Debit card PIN by calling the customer care helpline number. By this method, you will receive the PIN on your registered mobile number.
1. First, call SBI toll-free customer care at 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990.
2. Follow the instructions given and choose the 'ATM and Prepaid Card Services' option.
3. Select '1' to generate the SBI card PIN.
4. You will be asked to enter your debit card number, enter the same, and confirm.
5. You will have to enter your account number linked to the debit card, and press confirm.
6. Once you confirm all the details you will receive an SMS with one time PIN (OTP) which will be valid for 2 days.
7. Then, you can visit any of the SBI ATMs to generate your debit card PIN.