The eSIM or Embedded Subscriber Identity Module is embedded in your smartphone in place of or along with your Airtel mobile sim. Here’s how to activate your Airtel eSim with ease.
E-sim works as a replacement for the physical Sim card. It offers a lot of advantages to using an eSim over a regular sim card. An eSim implementation can save a lot of space in the smartphone, it also allows you to switch your mobile operator without doing the hassle of getting a new sim card.
Airtel, Reliance Jio, and VI as some of the leading operators in India that change your physical sim card into an eSIM. The eSIM works on a compatible Android or Ios device only. In case you want to convert your physical Sim to an eSIM, here is a complete guide for all the available operators.
Bharti Airtel is one of the leading network providers in India that offers eSIM activation on mobile phones. An eSIM is embedded in your phone and is activated by the telecom operator after the verification of important documents. If you are an Airtel user, you can active eSIM services for your account simply follow the below-mentioned steps for Airtel eSIM activation.
To activate Airtel eSIM on your phone you will need to change your physical SIM card into an eSIM. Users will have to send a text message to 'eSIM<>registered email id to 121'. In case your email id is valid, Airtel will send an SMS from 121 to confirm the eSIM activation process. You have to reply back to the mail with ‘1’ within 60 seconds to confirm the eSIM request.
Telecom operator Airtel will offer assistance and re-initiate the process of eSIM activation for users in case your email id is invalid. Once you have confirmed the eSIM request, the network provider will contact you via a telephonic conversation to take the final consent and provide information regarding the QR code. Airtel sim online activation can be done online.
Once the confirmation and consent process is completed, users will get an official QR code on their valid email id. Once users scan the QR code, the eSIM activation takes nearly 2 hours to process. If you have a physical Airtel SIM card, you can continue using airtel services during the activation period.
1. Send a message to 'eSIM<>registered email id to 121'.
2. In case your email ID is valid, you will receive an SMS from 121 to confirm the initiation of the process.
3. You need to reply back with 1 to the email to confirm the e-SIM request within sixty seconds.
4. In case your email ID is invalid then Airtel will call you to take the final consent to reinitiate the process under the correct email ID, or an Airtel representative will guide you to update the email.
5. Once confirmation is done, Airtel will send a QR code to your registered email ID.
6. The QR code is unique and applicable for 1 device, and for 1 time only.
7. Then scan the QR code to activate the e-SIM. Make sure not to select the Delete option for the settings, as this will permanently delete your Esim profile.
8. In case you don’t get an email with the QR code within 30 minutes, or the scanning process gets aborted midway, you will have to send an SMS NOSIM to 121 to avoid disconnection of the physical Airtel SIM.
9. The process takes 2 hours for Esim activation, till then the physical sim will work.
To scan the QR code received on the valid email address, users have to open settings in their device and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Once you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, then click on the mobile network and navigate to the advance option.
You will be able to click on add carrier, under the advance setting section and scan the QR code. Once your QR code is scanned, click on the download button and finish the process. Here are the steps.
1. Open settings on your mobile phone and connect via a Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, click on the mobile network and go to the advance option.
3. Select the network and go to advance setting section.
4. Then scan the QR code.
5. Next click on the download button to active e-SIM.
To activate enable and setup eSIM on Android device follow the below mentioned steps.
1. First open settings, and tap on connections.
2. Next, open Sim Card manager and tap on Add mobile plan.
3. Then, choose Add data plan using QR Code option
4. Next, you have to scan the QR code that you got on your email ID and follow other instructions.
5. Once you scan the QR code and tap on add which will add the eSIM to your Android phone.
To activate e-SIM on your iPhone smartphone follow these steps.
1. To activate your e-SIM on your smartphone.
2. Open settings and tap on mobile data.
3. Next select add a data plan.
4. Then scan the QR code you get on your email.
5. Next scan the code and again select Add Data Plan option.
6. Select the Data Plan Labels as per your requirement.
7. Then click on Continue to activate your e-SIM.