5G smartphones under Rs 30,000 are very popular in India. The sub-Rs 30,000 segment offers a good mix of premium features at an affordable price. Since pretty much all the smartphones around the ₹30,000 price offer 5G support, the highly-competitive segment is where manufacturers like Poco, iQOO, OnePlus, Xiaomi and more have some of the most lucrative devices that, at times, offer even more than premium high-end smartphones. For example, recent launches in the category like the Poco F5, iQOO Neo 7, and more are touching flagship territory in terms of performance numbers, with the Poco F5 even offering a segment-first 12-bit display.
Some of the best smartphones under Rs 30,000 are brilliant performers and gaming devices. For example, the Poco F5 5G, with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 SoC, puts out an AnTuTu score of 9,36,155, which is even higher than many flagships of last year. Basically, the only thing lacking in these devices are premium features like wireless charging, IP rating, and the likes. Otherwise, these smartphones can hold their own even against the flagships and high-end smartphones of today.
- Super performer, Nice display, Lightweight build, Decent cameras
- Battery drains sometimes, Design looks basic, No ultra-wide shooter
- Good sustained performance, 120 Hz refresh rate, Decent low light camera performance, 33 W fast charging
- Overly saturated skin tones, No stereo speakers, Screen doesn’t support HDR, No 4K video support
- Bright and colour-accurate display, Long-lasting battery, Superfast charging speeds, Great primary camera
- No HDR playback on Netflix, YouTube, Can’t record 1080p@60 or 4K@30, Doesn’t offer sustained performance