Huami has officially rolled out an update to the Amazfit Verge, enabling Amazon Alexa voice assistant right within the smartwatch. It will now allow Indian users to speak into the Verge to hear a flash briefing, weather forecast, sports updates, and more directly on the wrist.
With Alexa built-in, Amazfit Verge users can now speak into the watch to talk with Alexa for:
● Flash Briefing – Set up and enable Alexa skills of your favourite news providers such as NDTV or Cricinfo to personalize daily “Flash Briefing”
● Sports Update – Follow your favourite cricket team and track the latest cricket scores
● Alarm – Set a reminder or wake-up alarm
● To-do list – Manage your schedule and to-do list
● Q&A – With Alexa built-in get answers to common questions throughout the day
“Amazon Alexa has become such a natural part of our daily routines in the home and we want to give customers the ability to take it with them - with Alexa on the Amazfit verge, users can ask Alexa to set a timer, remind us to pick up avocados at the grocery store and more,” said Mark Mao, Vice President of Overseas Business, Huami. “Like Alexa, we believe the Amazfit Verge is non-intrusive but indispensable, making this a natural integration. As a company, we are obsessed with finding the perfect balance between form and functionality -- style and customization, plus continuity and ease of use to make busy days smoother and more productive.”
The Amazfit Verge smartwatch app, “Amazfit Watch” is available for free on iOS and Android. Amazfit Verge is available in Twilight Blue, Shadow Grey, and Moonlight White Amazon.in for Rs 10,999.