Samsung Galaxy Fold smartphone will not launch in July: Report

By Digit NewsDesk | Updated 20 Jun 2019
Samsung Galaxy Fold smartphone will not launch in July: Report
  • Samsung is said to have denied reports that it plans to launch the phone in July.
  • The company has been quoted as saying that “nothing has progressed since the April delay”
  • Samsung initially planned to launch the device in the US in April

It looks like those interested in the Samsung Galaxy Fold will have to wait even longer. According to a report by the Korea Herald, the company has made “little progress” on the launch of the smartphone and denied rumours that the phone would launch in July. This was in response to reports that Samsung was planning to unveil the Galaxy Fold to Korean media in June, and release the device in July. “If we are running such a media event this month, we should be doing something by now,” the publication quotes a Samsung official. “Nothing has progressed since the April delay.” 

advertisements

To recall, Samsung initially expected to launch the smartphone in the US back in April. However, the company changed its mind regarding the launch after reviewers noted that the display of the device could be easily damaged. Samsung conducted its own series of tests and noted that the issues could be associated with impact on the top and bottom exposed areas of the hinge. There were also instances where substances where substance found inside the device would expect display performance. The company also noted that it would take measures to strengthen display protection and better inform customers about display protection and not to  remove the protective layer on the display. The company also noted the it would announce the release date “in the coming weeks.”

The Korea Heralds report notes that some Samsung officials and engineers were given trial versions of the Galaxy Fold smartphones to use as they were spotted using those devices in public. This hinted that it was still being tested. The publication also notes that US customers are cancelling the pre-orders of the smartphone. AT&T is said to have informed its customers who had pre-ordered the phone that it has been cancelled, while Best Buy has cancelled the whole volume of its pre-orders last month.

advertisements
Digit NewsDesk
The guy who answered the question 'What are you doing?' with 'Nothing'.
advertisements
ASK DIGIT

Recent Questions

when will samsung launch its galaxy S5 mini in india???
Hari Ranga
Aug 26, 2014
Responses 2
Aditya Malpure
Aug 26, 2014
Hari Ranga
Aug 27, 2014
Comments
Be the first one to post the comment
Post a New Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment
advertisements