OnePlus Nord starts receiving May 2021 security patch in India.
Fixes include better Wi-Fi speeds and many camera improvements.
OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 8 series have also recently received the May security patch.
OnePlus Nord (review) has started receiving the May 2021 Android security patch in India as part of the OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update. Apart from the security patch, the update brings in a number of bug fixes related to the camera, network, system, and file manager.
As always, the update will be pushed in a phased manner and not all users will get it at the same time. Different builds for India, Europe, and Global regions have version number 126.96.36.199.AC01DA, 188.8.131.52.AC01BA, and 184.108.40.206.AC01AA, respectively.
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 Update: What has changed?
The new update fixes a lot of camera issues that Nord users have been complaining about. These include frame drops in captured videos, camera unresponsiveness when opened via contact app, and the abnormal preview display issue in Nightscape Tripod mode.
The update also improves Wi-Fi speeds and fixes abnormal display issues while copying files to OTG storage.
Here’s the detailed Changelog:
- Fixed the issue that the card coupon is not available as a widget
- Fixed the issue that missed calls are marked as call answered on another device in call logs
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Improved the speed of Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed the abnormal preview display issue in Nightscape Tripod mode
- Fixed the issue that Camera becomes unresponsive when setting profile photo in Contact
- Fixed the frame drops issue with videos taken by Camera
- Fixed the occasional issue that Flash effect may fail in some scenarios
- Fixed abnormal display issue while copying files to OTG storage
If you are a OnePlus Nord user, you can manually check for updates from Settings >> System >> System updates.
OnePlus assures of at least two years of regular security updates, which is to say that Nord should keep getting these patches for at least another year or so. Apart from Nord, the OnePlus 9 series and OnePlus 8 series phones have already received the May Android Security patch on May 10 and May 26, respectively. Older OnePlus devices are yet to receive the update.