macOS Catalina update brings new emoji, Siri privacy controls
The update also contains many bug fixes
IBM Developer Contest
Take the quiz to test your coding skills and stand a chance to win exciting vouchers and prizes upto Rs.10000
Click here to know more
Apple just released iOS 13.2, which brought a number of updates to the iPhone, the most notable being Deep Fusion. However, lost somewhere in the hype were various other features like new emoji and Siri Privacy control. Now, Apple has released an update for macOS Catalina, version 10.51.1, a fairly notable update for the company’s non-mobile operating system.
The new update brings some of the same features that were introduced in iOS 13.2 to the Mac. That is new emoji characters, Siri Privacy controls and even support for the new AirPods Pro that were announced yesterday. In addition, the update also brings HomeKit Secure Video support and a large number of bug fixes. The full changelog as shared by Apple is below:
The macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update includes updated and additional emoji, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings, as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender-neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji
- Introduces support for AirPods Pro
- HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
- HomeKit enabled routers let you control how your HomeKit accessories communicate over the internet or in your home
- Adds support for AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in scenes and automation
- Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
- Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Restores the ability to view file names in the All Photos view in Photos
- Restores the ability to filter by favourites, photos, videos, edited, and keywords in Days view in Photos
- Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
- Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
- Adds a two-finger swipe gesture for back navigation in Apple News
- Resolves issues that may occur in the Music app when displaying playlists inside folders and newly added songs in the Songs list
- Improves reliability of migrating iTunes library databases into the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps
- Fixes an issue where downloaded titles were not visible in the Downloads folder in the TV app”
|Release Date:||26 Nov 2018|
Popular Mobile PhonesView All
Hot DealsView All
Digit caters to the largest community of tech buyers, users and enthusiasts in India. The all new Digit in continues the legacy of Thinkdigit.com as one of the largest portals in India committed to technology users and buyers. Digit is also one of the most trusted names when it comes to technology reviews and buying advice and is home to the Digit Test Lab, India's most proficient center for testing and reviewing technology products.
We are about leadership-the 9.9 kind! Building a leading media company out of India.And,grooming new leaders for this promising industry.