It’s a pity to see the Apple iPod take out MP3 players that are superior in so many ways. But such is the marketing blitzkrieg that Cupertino launches that no one else stands a chance, even with a superior product. Creative has long come out with portable media players that offer better audio quality and bang-for-buck than Apple, but it has sadly always been relegated to the sidelines.
The company is now seeking to change that with the launch of the Zen Mozaic EZ300 in India, but we doubt the result will be any different.
Here’s a quick look at the features it offers:
- 1.8-inch TFT LCD (65K colours, 128x160 pixels resolution)
- Supports MP3, WMA, WAV
- Supports JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG and TIFF
- Built-in speakers to share your music
- Audio recording
- FM radio with 32 presets
- Equaliser with 8 presets and 5 customisable settings
- Battery life of over 32 hours of continuous playback
- Drag-and-drop file transfer
- Creative Centrale software
- Calendar, contacts, task list
- Weighs 43 grams
1. The 4GB Mozaic, which lets you store up to 1,000 MP3 songs or 66 hours of MP3 (approx. 4 mins per son at 128kbps), costs Rs 4,999.
2. The 8GB Mozaic, which lets you store up to 2,000 MP3 songs or 133 hours of MP3 (approx. 4 mins per son at 128kbps), costs Rs 6,499.