Our Twitter poll results on Chinese smartphone brands in wake of UNSC incident lean towards boycott

By Team Digit | Updated 16 Mar 2019
Our Twitter poll results on Chinese smartphone brands in wake of UNSC incident lean towards boycott
  • While our poll on Twitter has ended, the same poll on Facebook is open for six more days.

Highlights:

  • We, at Digit, conducted a poll on the #BoycottChineseProducts matter
  • We asked our readers if their smartphone buying decisions were affected by the incident at UNSC
  • Our Twitter poll ended after 24 hours; the results lean towards boycotting Chinese brands

 

advertisements

We, at Digit, conducted a poll on Twitter and Facebook yesterday in order to understand what our readers feel about Chinese smartphone brands after the recent incident at the UN Security Council where China blocked the UN’s resolution to designate Maulana Masood Azhar of Jaish-e-Mohammad as a global terrorist. While our poll on Facebook is still open for six more days, our poll on Twitter ended after its 24-hour run, and here are the results.

We'd asked our readers, “#BoycottChineseProducts: Will China’s decision to block blacklisting of JeM Chief Masood Azhar affect your smartphone purchase decisions with respect to Chinese brands?” We received a total of 257 votes in a period of 24 hours, out of which 65 percent of them answered with, “Yes, I won't buy them” and the remaining 35 percent chose, “No, I'll still buy them”.

advertisements

We came across numerous Twitter users in India who called for a ban on Chinese smartphone brands like Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus, Vivo, and Oppo, which, whether we like it or not, constitute the top-selling smartphone brands in the country. In fact, over 60 percent of the smartphone market share in India is owned by such Chinese brands. What’s more, India regularly imports electronic goods from China.

While our Twitter poll ended today at 2:36 PM, our Facebook poll remains open for six more days and has attracted over 9,100 voters in a day’s time. If you meant to voice your opinion on the matter, please head over to our Facebook page, where you can not only participate in the poll but also leave your thoughts about the whole situation in the comments.

advertisements

 

Related Read: Has the recent incident at the UNSC impacted your preference for Chinese gadgets?

advertisements
advertisements
Team Digit
All of us are better than one of us.
advertisements
ASK DIGIT

Recent Questions

total number of mobile brands in world
CHRISTIANA JOHN
Sept 19, 2014
Responses 1
t ruth pushpalatha
Sept 29, 2014
Comments
Be the first one to post the comment
Post a New Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment
advertisements