OnePlus has rolled out the first OxygenOS 11 open beta update for users of the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus has rolled out the first OxygenOS 11 open beta update for users of the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. The open beta update brings tons of new changes to the interface along with features like the always-on display, Zen Mode 2.0 and more. Do note, however, that the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 update is for people who can risk going through some issues and bugs as the build is being prepared for a stable rollout.
That said, users of the OnePlus 7 series and OnePlus 7T series are receiving the much-awaited OxygenOS 11, and they can choose to get an early look at the new features or can wait for the final stable build that should be out as soon as the developers patch and fix the issues and bugs in the beta version.
The developers have also revealed some of the known issues that plague the OxygenOS 11 open beta update and users of the OnePlus 7 series and 7T series may face brightness adjustment lag, an issue with playback on Bluetooth devices, pictures load slow in Gallery app or may not be displayed at all.
Apart from that, updating to the Open Beta 1 will not erase existing user data, but OnePlus suggests users do a full backup before installing it. In any case, OnePlus also provides an option to roll-back to Android 10 based OxygenOS stable update but doing so will factory reset the phone.
For users of the OnePlus 7T series, the links to the Open Beta 1 update have been temporarily removed since the update caused the phone to factory reset. OnePlus' developers are working on the update, and we will update this post once the links are live again. You can check out more details about the issue on the OnePlus Forums here.
2. Once downloaded, copy-paster the zip package to the internal root storage.
3. Open the Settings menu and scroll down to System.
4. Tap on System Updates and click the three-dot icon in the top-right corner.
5. Select Local Upgrade from the list of options and select the zip package from the root folder.
6. Tap Upgrade and the system will begin installing the OxygenOS 11 open beta 1 on your phone.
1. Update to OxygenOS 11 version
2. Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
3. Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
1. Updated the camera UI and optimized some function paths to offer more convenient operation
2. Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
3. Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
4. Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
5. Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
1. Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
2. Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview, and it can be generated automatically)
3. Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the "Ambient Display" by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
1. Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
2. Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. Path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
1. Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
2. Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
1. Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
2. Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster