Nothing Phone 1 design is showcased in a new MKBHD video.
Phone 1 could come with a transparent case that doesn’t hide the flashy design.
The confirmed Phone 1 specifications include Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC, Nothing OS, and wireless charging support.
Nothing Phone 1 is going to launch on July 12, 2022. But, ahead of the event, the Carl Pei-led company has been drip-feeding us with details about the phone. However, the most glorious of the reveal has to be on the latest MKBHD video titled, “The Nothing Phone LOOKS Different”. Indeed it does have a standout design. The YouTuber goes on to show us the various use cases of Phone 1’s transparent rear panel and the LED light arrangement within.
Here’s everything we learn from the Marques Brownlee video about that transparent design and more importantly, the Nothing Phone 1 LED light use cases:
Nothing Phone 1 LED Light Use Cases
There are over 900 LEDs on the back of the phone that can glow together in a peculiar shape called Glyph Interface or glow-in-parts. There’s LED around the rear camera setup, around the wireless charging pad, etc. The brand is likely to sell a transparent cover for the phone to ensure both the safety and the show.
In his 6 minutes 48 seconds video, Marques shows us the various things possible with this light show:
- The entire Glyph interface can light up as a Notification LED.
- The LEDs surrounding the wireless charging pad glow to show when it's reverse charging some other device.
- The small LED strip towards the bottom USB-C port illuminates to present the charging progress bar.
- The complete Glyph interface can also act as a fill light during rear camera photography in dark settings.
- The light strips together or in parts can sync and shine with the built-in 10 ringtones on the Phone 1.
Within the Glyph Interface settings on the phone, you could customize some of the aspects of the LED presentation.