Call of Duty: Mobile season 2 is now available for download. The new update brings Zombies Mode, new maps and more.Here’s how to download the Call of Duty: Mobile season 2 update and all you need to know.
After weeks of teasing the update, Call of Duty: Mobile developers Tencent Games and TiMi Studios have finally started rolling out the Season 2 update for the game. COD: Mobile is undoubtedly is a fast-growing battle royale title for mobile devices and the update comes soon after the company announced that the game has been downloaded over 35 million times. This new update brings a host of new features for the game, including a long-awaited Zombies Mode, which is now available with two new game modes, a new map, a limited time new map, controller support and more. Here’s everything you need to know about the update, including how to download it.
Downloading the new update is quite simple. If you use an Android phone, boot up the Google Play Store and search for Call of Duty: Mobile. Since the new update is available globally, it should be available with an option to update it. Similarly, iOS users can head over to the App Store and search for the game and update it. Booting up the game directly will also show a prompt to update the title to its latest version, redirecting you to the Play Store or App Store listing. Once updated, you will have access to all the new features in the game.
Zombies Mode is something the Call of Duty franchise is well-known for. There are multiple COD games for consoles and PC, which offer zombies mode alongside the standard narrative and online multiplayer. For COD: Mobile, this new mode entails facing a horde of zombies in two different modes. First, there’s Raid Mode that enables players to explore the classic Call of Duty: World at War zombies’ map Shi No Numa. This is a traditional point-based game mode that offers wall buys for weapons and locked doors. Here are the game mode objectives:
The second one is the Endless Survival Mode, the mode is exactly how it sounds. In this mode, players face endless waves of zombies to test their skills and find out their best score. All the features from the Raid Mode will be available, except for the boss fight. There will be some unique weapons available for both modes that come infused with perks specific to that mode. “However, these weapons may not all be found on wall-buys, so if you cannot find a weapon turn to the mystery box,” says Activision.
Controller support is finally being made available for Call of Duty: Mobile. The game was missing it since it was launched and now players can pair DUALSHOCK4 PlayStation 4 and official Xbox One controller with their devices to play the title. Do not that the 1st gen versions of official PS4 controllers are not supported and supported ones will only work while in a match and not in game menus. One needs to enable controller settings in-game before syncing their wireless controller. Activision says players using controllers will be matched with other players who use controllers. However, if one of your team-members is using a controller, the entire team will be matched with people who are using controllers.
Activision is also adding some new features to its existing multiplayer and battle royale modes with the new update. The biggest new addition is a new map called Summit. The new map will be available alongside a limited time winter-themed version of Raid that is coming this season. Additional modes that will be available are; One Shot, One Kill, Sticks and Stones, and Prop Hunt. You can find more details about these new modes in the complete patch notes below. Additionally, there are some new Operator Skill and Scorestreaks being introduced but they aren’t revealed yet.
In Battle Royale mode, new map areas are now available for players to explore like Circus themed and snowy areas. There are some map improvements and a new M16 rifle has been added to the map that uses 5.56mm rounds.
The new update also adds two new methods for signing into the game, apart from the already existing Facebook and Guest login. In case you have been using a guest account, you can now link it to Google Play or Game Center account to save progress and sync data. Additionally, it doesn’t pull any information over like your profile picture, unlike Facebook or Line. It should be noted that one will not be able to switch from an existing login method to this new method without losing user data.
Season 2 Update is Live! The new season runs from 11.25.2019 to 1.15.2020
- New winter-themed rewards for ranked Multiplayer and Battle Royale!
- New Premium and Free Battle Pass Rewards!
New Characters and themed content
- Ranked Improvements
Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
Improved scoring issues in rare cases
Controller Support available!
- For players using DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controllers on certain versions Android devices there is currently an issue with certain features or the controller itself not functioning. We are investigating these issues. Please keep an eye out for updates.
- Generation 2 and later wireless Playstation 4 and Xbox controllers are now supported in matches
- Controller support is currently unavailable in lobby, store and loadout
Zombie mode is here! The long-awaited zombie mode is now live with two different modes
- Play classic Survival or objective driven Raid mode on the Shi No Numa map
- Find the Easter Eggs to explore additional content
- Unlock new zombies unique content
New Limited Time Modes
o One Shot, One Kill
First to 20 kills with a J358 Revolver wins!
o Sticks and Stones
Mix of melee, Molotovs and limited Operator Skills in this new mode. First to 20 kills wins
o Prop Hunt
Become either the hunter or hunted in this popular Call of Duty mode!
New Map: Summit
Battle it out in this high altitude location from the Black Ops universe
Available for TDM, Domination, Search and Destroy and Frontline
- Limited time holiday themed Raid map
- New Operator Skill and Scorestreak coming soon
New map areas
Circus themed area
Expanded the underground area of the bus station
- New Limited Time Battle Royale Mode
Sniper Rifle Challenge
Become the last one standing while using a sniper rifle only
- New weapon
M16 rifle that fires 5.56mm ammo
- New Battle Royale Class coming soon!
- Battle Royale holiday events coming soon!
- Daily Clan missions
Earn credits by completing clan missions
- New Weekly and Season clan ranking system
- New experience bonus for playing with your friends
Improvements and Optimizations
- Season 1 rank will not be reset, and will influence starting rank in Season 2
- Scoring experience has been balanced at higher ranks
- Optimized ranked matchmaking to reduce wait times
- Banned players will be removed from leaderboards
- Improved scoring calculations for rare circumstances
- Optimized the bullet penetration of certain walls in some MP maps
- Optimized the mantling of various objects in MP
- Improved natural lighting on MP maps
- Added firing during hip fire to ADS transition
- Added fixed joystick option in settings
- Added a firing turn function in setting
- Optimize the firing responsiveness in Multiplayer and Battle Royale
- Slightly increased the charge up time of Sparrow operator skill
- Slightly increased firing rate of LK24
- Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- Slightly increased range of the HG 40 while reducing damage effectiveness at longer distances
- Slightly increased damage of W1200 and M1887 shotguns
- Slightly increased vertical recoil of Arctic .50 and extended the aiming time
- Slightly increased the distance of DLQ33
- Slightly increased recoil of UL736 and M4LMG
- Slightly reduced the lethality of AKS74U at medium and long ranges and slightly increased recoil
- Slightly increased recoil of AK117
- Slightly reduced forward movement speed
- Optic attachments will slightly affect ADS speed
- Optimized recoil animations while in hip fire and ADS
- Optimized reloading animation to sync with ammo increase
- Improved bullet hit detection
- Improved melee hit detection
- Improved weapon firing control
- Improved the firing sounds for all weapons
- Optimized the equipment throwing and trajectory indicator
- Optimized quick throw function in settings
- Added kill confirmation sound
- Added a marking system to multiplayer
- Slightly reduced damage taken when outside the safe zone
- Improved the logic of safe zone spawn
- Improved the information displayed on mini map
- Optimized recoil performance for lower frame rates
- Improved accuracy of directional sounds of footsteps and weapons
- Optimized the pursuit performance of FHJ for airdrop aircraft.
- Optimized timing of thermal sights
- Slightly increased Chicom damage, while reduced damage effectiveness at longer distances
- Significantly increased the damage of gas bombs on Zombies
- Slightly reduced the number of vehicle spawns
- Improved control of certain vehicles
- Optimized loading of vehicle assets
- Added vehicle health indicator for driver
- Improved logic of air drop location
- Reduced health of Zombie summoned by Toy Bomb
- Slightly reduced slowdown effect of EMP Drone
- Resolved issue with EMP Drone colliding with obstacles
- Improved camera behavior for improved overall performance
- Improved movement while using stairs
- Improved movement while climbing through windows
System and Client
- Improved battery usage and temperature
- Improved performance on minimum spec devices
- Improved “Play Again” functionality
- Improved game descriptions in mode selection
- Added support for displaying HD images for avatars
- Support for adding friends from profile information screen
- Improved display information of players in matches
- Various bug fixes
-keep an eye out for the Season 2 Battle Pass coming out November 25th and some posts providing additional information about that.
Digit caters to the largest community of tech buyers, users and enthusiasts in India. The all new Digit in continues the legacy of Thinkdigit.com as one of the largest portals in India committed to technology users and buyers. Digit is also one of the most trusted names when it comes to technology reviews and buying advice and is home to the Digit Test Lab, India's most proficient center for testing and reviewing technology products.
We are about leadership — the 9.9 kind Building a leading media company out of India. And, grooming new leaders for this promising industry