Reliance Jio allows select Apple iPhone and Android phone users to activate eSIM. Here is how you can activate your Jio eSIM on your mobile in easy steps.
Reliance Jio has become one of the biggest players in the Indian smartphone market due to its competitive prepaid and postpaid plans. You can easily get a Reliance Jio SIM card and activate your number to start using its services. The company not only offers its users physical Jio mobile SIM cards, it also offers eSIM or Embedded Subscriber Identity Module facility for mobile phones that support it. An eSIM permits smartphone makers to save space in a device and add more features instead. The feature has made it easier to make changes to the Jio SIM online remotely without the need to change the physical SIM.
Smartphone manufacturers Apple, Samsung, Google, and Motorola have eSIM functionality in their mobile phones. The companies have tied up with Jio to provide the eSIM facility to customers. There are a few steps involved when it comes to activating an eSIM on a mobile phone. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate your Jio eSIM. You will have to go to the nearest Jio Store to ask for an e-SIM.
Currently, Jio eSIM functionality is available on select Apple iPhone models including the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 series, etc. To activate an eSIM make sure you are using an iOS 12.1 or above OS-based device.
1. First Go to Settings options and click on General.
2. Next click on About which will display your EID and IMEI number. Please note those down.
3. The next step is to send ‘SMS GETESIM’ from your phone with its EID number and IMEI numbers to 199.
4. After that you will receive a 19-digit eSIM number and eSIM profile configuration details.
5. You will also get a notification to configure the profile.
6. Next send SMS SIMCHG to 199 followed by a 19-digit eSIM.
7. You will receive an update in two hours’ time, which you will have to confirm by SMSing ‘1’ to 183.
8. After this you will receive an automated call which will ask you for the 19-digit eSIM number.
9. Post successful confirmation, you will receive an SMS for the same.
10. In case you receive a notification to configure the profile, just click on it and select Install data plan.,
11. Press Continue.
12. In case you don’t receive the notification, go to Settings and tap on Jio Data Plan Ready to be Installed
13. Next click on Continue and your Jio eSIM should now be activated.
The Jio eSIM feature works only on select Samsung devices including Samsung Galaxy Z Fold, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Note 20 series, Galaxy S21 series, among others. Follow the steps mentioned below to activate the SIM.
1. Go to the Settings of the Samsung phone
2. Go to the About section where you would see an IMEI number.
3. Then click on Status information to get the EID number.
4. You will get an SMS GETESIM message to 199 followed by the EID and IMEI number.
5. Next you will obtain a 32-digit activation code and a 19-digit eSIM numerals and eSIM profile details.
6. Then for configuring the eSIM, go to Settings and click on Connections.
7. Next click on the SIM card manager.
8. Under the eSIM, click on ‘Add mobile plan’ and then tap on ‘Scan carrier QR code’.
9. Then on the next screen click on Enter code.
10. You will get a 32-digit activation code via SMS, once you have completed the process.
11. Then you will have to click on Connect and wait till your Jio eSIM is activated.
Jio eSim is supported by a few Google Pixel phones including Pixel 3 series, and Pixel 4a. The steps 1-9 remain the same for all phones.
1.First you will need to go to the Settings option on your phone and tap on Network & Internet.
2.Next select Mobile network and then tap on Download a SIM option.
3.Then Tap Next and enter activation code manually
4.Enter the activation code in the following format
- LPA:1$smdprd.jio.com$ followed by the 32-digit activation code that you would have received via SMS
5. You will have to select Activate and then tap on Done
6. Your Jio eSIM will be activated.
Jio e-sim is supported by the Motorola Razr and Motorola Razr 5G phones. Follow the steps 1-9 from Apple iPhone. Then follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. For Motorola phones e-SIM activation go to Settings and select the Network & Internet option.
2. Next select Mobile network and tap on Next.
3. Then enter the activation code.
4. Next select the activate option and your Jio eSIM will get activated and confirmed.