The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has launched a new portal called TAFCOP to check mobile SIM cards registered on Aadhaar card.
How to check number of SIMs allotted on Aadhaar card numbers.
How to report mobile sim on Aadhaar card which you are not using anymore.
The Indian government has made it mandatory to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. Your Aadhaar card details have to be added along with your picture and biometrics in order to get a new mobile number.
Now the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has launched a new website which allows you to check sim cards registered on Aadhaar card. The agency has introduced a new portal known as Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection or TAFCOP which allows users to check all the phones linked to their Aadhaar card numbers. Here is a step-by-step guide through which you can easily check the list of mobile numbers registered with your Aadhaar card number.
Table of Contents
How to know mobile SIMs registered Aadhaar ID
Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection (TAFCOP) has unveiled a new website that allows you to check all the mobile numbers that are registered on your Aadhaar card. Currently, the website lists that the service is available only for people living in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. However, the portal is expected to be made available across different states in the near future. If you live in any of the two states mentioned above, here's how you can check the number of SIMs using Aadhaar card number.
1. First, visit the official tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in website.
2. Next, enter your mobile number in the dialogue box
3. Then tap on the Request OTP option.
4. You will have to enter the OTP received on your mobile number in the box and then click on the Submit button.
5. After this, you will be able to see all the mobile numbers linked to your Aadhaar card.
How to report any invalid mobile numbers
TAFCON portal gives you an option to report any mobile numbers that are present in the list that are no longer required or are not a current number that you are using. You can select the invalid numbers from the list of SIMs on Aadhaar card. Follow the below mentioned steps to report any invalid or numbers that are no longer required on the website.
1. First, go to the TAFCOP website.
2. Then enter the mobile number and click on Request OTP.
3. You will have to enter the OTP code.
4. Then once you log in you will be able to see the list of numbers.
5. There are three options given, including ‘This is not my number’, ‘Not required’, and ‘Required’.
6. Next, if a mobile number is not yours you have to click on the ‘This is not my number’ option.
7. Alternatively, if the number is no longer required you can click on the ‘not required’ option.
8. Then follow the on-screen instructions to report the numbers.
How many mobile numbers can you hold in your name
The website states that a person can hold not more than nine multiple connections in his/her name. In case a person has more than nine multiple connections in his/her name, you will be intimated by SMS. Aadhaar card sim link is mandatory. Then go to the website to follow the steps to report the mobile numbers.
1. First, go to the TAFCOP website.
2. Next enter the mobile number and then click on the Request OTP option.
3. Next enter the OTP code to log in.
4. The list of numbers registered will be visible.
5. Select from ‘This is not my number’, ‘Not required’, and ‘Required’ options available on the website.
6. Then follow the instructions given to report the numbers.
How to register more than nine numbers on your Aadhaar
In case you register more than nine mobile numbers with your Aadhaar card, you have to fill out a separate application. Follow these steps to register more than nine mobile numbers.
1. To add more than nine numbers to your Aadhaar card you have to fill up a Customer Acquisition Form (CAF).
2. It is the primary responsibility of the service providers to handle these forms.
3. To avail of this service, your current and active mobile number should already be linked to your Aadhaar card.