The much-awaited Windows Phone 7.5 device from Nokia is finally here. In case you have been following the news on ThinkDigit, we are sure you would’ve heard that the pre-bookings for this device have commenced.
We got a chance to play with the device very recently, and were quite impressed with the overall package. Here is what we think of this device, in the little time we have spent with it, till now.
- It feels good to hold. While it isn't the lightest phone around (at 142 grams, to be precise), the slim form factor does mean that weight isn't what you think about immediately.
- No physical buttons on the front panel. Home (with the Windows logo), return and Bing search are all touch based.
- The power button, volume rocker and camera key are all on the right side panel, leaving the left panel completely clean.
- We love the AMOLED display on the Lumia 800. It is adequately vivid, considerably (and uncomfortably, if you don’t adjust the brightness properly) bright and responds to touch brilliantly.
- The interface on Windows Phone 7.5 is delightful. The Live Tiles concept just adds a distinct (and welcome) visual element.
- We are yet to encounter any slowdown in performance, app hangs/crashes and/or any system freeze situations. We will give you a detailed performance analysis in the soon-to-follow review, but the initial indications are quite positive.
- Accessing the SIM card slot is a bit of a pain though. The slot is on the top panel. First, you need to press one portion of the cover (marked by a slight bulge) and allow the other side to lift up. Once that happens, you can pull up the SIM slot. The entire thing comes out - insert the SIM (it is micro SIM, by the way) and slide the slot back into position. Click the panel cover back into position.
The pre-bookings for this device have started at various Priority dealers, and the device is expected to be available in a couple of weeks. Expect a detailed review of the Lumia 800 in the next few days. Stay tuned for that, but do check out some product pictures in the meantime.
Vote and Win!
Digit Icons of Trust 2011 Survey
Visit http://thinkdigit.com/trust to vote for your favorite tech brands in India.
Survey participation gives you a chance to win exciting gifts like wireless input devices, earphones and special edition Digit branded T-shirts.
As an appreciation of your valuable time and input, every participant will receive an assured gift in the form of Digit discount vouchers.
We encourage you to participate in multiple surveys to increase your chances of winning more goodies.