- ContestHot DealsAsk DigitDevworxPick a collegeAbout UsContact Us
The machine gets an 11.6-inch display, which has the 10-point touchscreen to enjoy Windows 8 with. The Pavilion 11 TouchSmart is powered by the AMD A4-1250 APU, clocking at 1GHz, and is paired with 4GB of RAM.
We got the chance to use this product for a while at the event, and here are some initial impressions.
- There is no running away from the small form factor. This 11.6-inch machine is aimed at someone who aspires for a lightweight and compact, but full-fledged laptop. Essentially, someone who wants a MacBook Air, but costing a lot less.
HP Pavilion 11 TouchSmart
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-f201in
HP Pavilion 10 TouchSmart 10-e007au
HP Pavilion G6
HP Pavilion x2
- Excellent build quality, with the combination of metal and plastic blending together seamlessly.
- The 11.6-inch screen is slightly on the reflective side, and that can make viewing a tad tough in unevenly lit environments. However, once you have the brightness level set to where you want it to be, the usage will be comfortable in terms of readability and enjoying multimedia.
- There is full 10-point gesture support for the touchscreen, making it easy to use Windows 8 via the touchscreen, if you so wish to do that.
- The keyboard is comfortable to use, and the typing experience is precise. However, the lack of palm-rest area is something that will take getting used to.
- The lid has the silver finish, while the keyboard deck gets a slightly shiny black finish. The same on the bezel around the display as well, and these will demand regular cleaning.
- The machine comes preloaded with Windows 8.
HP has priced the Pavilion 11 TouchSmart notebook at Rs. 31,990, and we believe it can be a winner at that price. We will have a detailed review of the product soon. In the meantime, you can check out some product shots.