If you love fried food but are concerned about your health, you should consider investing in an air fryer for your kitchen. Air fryers use hot air to crisp up your food without the need for excessive oil, making them a much healthier alternative to traditional deep fryers. If you're looking to purchase the best air fryer in India, it's essential to first understand your specific cooking needs and the basics of the benefits air fryers have to offer.
Before we present our list of the top 10 air fryers to buy in India, carefully curated based on features, specifications, and user reviews, let's discuss everything you need to know to make an informed choice.
Air Fryer Buying Guide for India
- Capacity - Choose the capacity of an air fryer based on the number of people in your household. For small families with 2 to 3 members, opt for air fryers with a 3L capacity. For medium-sized families with 4 to 5 members, consider air fryers with a 3 to 4.5L capacity. For larger families, you can choose from 5L to 6L options. It must also be noted that the capacity of the cooking basket or pan sometimes differs from the mentioned air fryer capacity.
- Size - High-capacity air fryers also require more counter space. Check out the product dimensions to ensure that it will fit conveniently on your kitchen counter.
- Wattage - The wattage is an indicator of the cooking power of the fryer. The actual wattage used while cooking will depend on the speed setting, cooking preset in use and capacity. For small-capacity air fryers, you can go with options ranging between 800 to 1000 watts. For medium-sized air fryers, go for options with 1200W to 1400W capacity. For large friers, you can go for options with 1600W to 1800W air fryers.
- Cooking presets - Cooking presets can make it simpler to cook certain food items. It is advantageous if your air fryer has more presets for Indian cooking.
- Features and accessories - These fryers can come with a number of additional features and air fryer accessories like touch controls, rotisserie, skewers, drip tray, and more.
- Cleaning - The fryer should also be easier to clean. Air fryers with non-stick coating, and removable or dishwasher-safe parts are easier to clean.
- Check reviews - While specifications can provide valuable information, it's equally important to read air fryer reviews in India to gain insight into finer details that may not be apparent from specs alone.
Suitable for medium-sized households
This large-capacity air fryer from Pigeon can be used for frying, defrosting, roasting, grilling, or baking. As with all air fryers, this one also circulates hot air around the food to make it crisp. The operating temperature can vary between 80 to 200-degree celsius. Using the ‘Appointment’ button, you can set the fryer to start cooking at a particular time.
This Lifelong air fryer comes with a non-stick cooking bowl that's also easy to clean. Speaking of capacity, the pan can hold up to 4 litres, which should be sufficient for most medium-sized households. The fryer features a cool-touch handle and touch controls for convenient operation. It also includes several useful cooking presets, and its 360-degree heat circulation makes it suitable for frying, reheating, and even grilling.
This 1500W Kenstar air fryer comes with a 4.5L bowl, which will suit medium and large families. The company notes that this can be used for frying, grilling, baking and even roasting. Its user-friendly design includes a sleek digital touch display, adding a modern touch to your kitchen. Its sturdy build further makes it suitable for regular use. To simplify your cooking experience, it offers six cooking presets.
Easy to use
This air fryer from Philips has a reasonably large 4.2L bowl, which should allow you to make a large quantity of food items at a time. Meanwhile, the non-stick coating on the pan should help ensure easy cleaning. The fryer uses rapid air technology that circulates hot air to cook your food evenly. You can also download the NutriU app on your phone to access 200+ Indian air fryer recipes. This should be really helpful for anyone looking for air fryer cooking tips for beginners.
This Philips air fryer is definitely one of the best air fryers for Indian cooking. It comes with Rapid Air technology which is said to help make fried food with up to 90% less fat. Through the touch panel, users can choose one of seven preset menus, letting them cook their favourite meals with perfect ease. Other notable features include Automatic shut-off, Cool wall exterior, Ready Signal, Power-On Light and more.
Suitable for large households
A large 12L capacity makes it an extremely tempting option for large Indian families interested in oil-free cooking. Its rotisserie feature allows you to cook large cuts of meat, cottage cheese, or veggies evenly without the need to flip them. The digital touch panel with cooking presets ensures easy operation. This 1800W air fryer includes several useful accessories such as a rotisserie basket, skewers, mesh racks, and more, simplifying your cooking experience.
This is one of the top-rated Indian air fryers that you can consider for a large family. It comes with Aero Crisp Technology that circulates hot air around the food. This is said to make the food crispy on the outside but moist on the inside. Its large pan capacity of 6.5 L makes it suitable for large households. There is also an LED display and a digital touch control panel. Other features include 10 preset options to cook a variety of dishes.
This MasterChef air fryer is a budget-friendly option that offers a 4.5 L capacity and is loaded with features. The non-stick basket is dishwasher-safe and the air fryer also comes with a removable drip tray which makes it easier to clean and maintain. It comes with a basic touch panel with six frequently used presets.
Suitable for small families
This Prestige air fryer features a modest 2L pan capacity, making it ideal for small families and kitchens where it would be used infrequently. The layout is quite basic, with knobs for temperature and time control, making it easy to operate, even for elderly family members. Additionally, this air fryer includes a smoke vent that prevents oil buildup and makes cleaning the fryer a breeze.