Sony PlayStation CEO confirms exclusive games will not come to PC
In March this year, it was being said that Sony might just be planning to make a u-turn on its decision to bring PS5 exclusives to PC. This was after some major releases like Ghost of Yotei, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War Ragnarock, The Last of Us and so on were ported to PC in recent years. However, nothing had been confirmed as of now and we didn’t hear anything from Sony. But now, as per a new Bloomberg report, PlayStation CEO has confirmed the same in a townhall meeting with employees.
SurveyAlso read: GTA 6 leaks hint at pre-order details and a new trailer
PlayStation games no longer coming to PC?
As mentioned already, Bloomberg had reported earlier in March this year that Sony might be planning to revert to launching PS5 exclusives on the console only. And a new report from the publication now says that Sony CEO has confirmed the decision in an internal meeting.
But does this mean PlayStation games will stop coming to PC altogether? Not really. The report adds that only “narrative single-player games” will be a part of this change. This means that multiplayer and live-service games are still expected to launch across multiple platforms; but in future, story-driven titles could remain exclusive to the PlayStation.
That said, Sony hasn’t released any official statement yet so unless we hear something concrete, we should take this information with a dash of salt.
Digit has reached out to Sony PlayStation for a comment, this story will be updated accordingly.
Which upcoming games may stay console-only
Now if Sony does move ahead with this strategy, several upcoming PlayStation games may never arrive on PC. As per the Bloomberg report, recently launched games like Ghost of Yōtei and Saros are expected to remain exclusive to the PS5.
For the unversed, Ghost of Yōtei is currently one of Sony’s biggest games and is a follow-up to Ghost of Tsushima, which arrived on PC in 2024 and was launched for the PlayStation in 2020.
Meanwhile, Saros is the new sci-fi action title from Housemarque, the studio behind Returnal.
The biggest upcoming PS5 exclusive is Marvel’s Wolverine. The game launches on September 15 this year. Developed by Insomniac Games, Wolverine is the story of the man behind the claws. Its trailer launched earlier this year and took the entire internet by storm. The action-packed game might remain a PS exclusive, if these latest reports turn out to be true.
Also read: Forza Horizon 6 first impressions: A stunning drive through Japan
Divyanshi Sharma is a media and communications professional with over 8 years of experience in the industry. With a strong background in tech journalism, she has covered everything from the latest gadgets to gaming trends and brings a sharp editorial lens to every story. She holds a master’s diploma in mass communication and a bachelor’s degree in English literature. Her love for writing and gaming began early—often skipping classes to try out the latest titles—which naturally evolved into a career at the intersection of technology and storytelling. When she’s not working, you’ll likely find her exploring virtual worlds on her console or PC, or testing out a new laptop she managed to get her hands on. View Full Profile