Now port Jio sim to Vodafone Idea Vi network for free. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to port your existing Jio mobile number to Vi (Vodafone Idea) prepaid or postpaid connection online as well as offline
Vi (Vodafone Idea) is one of the largest telecom operators in India and offers 2G, 3G, and 4G VoLTE network services. The telecom operator also provides value-added services to consumers like data rollover, as well as free subscription plans for streaming services like Prime Video, Hotstar, etc. for its postpaid and prepaid consumers. It offers a wide range of attractive prepaid and postpaid plans which compete with those of Airtel and Reliance Jio.
Vi offers you an option to port your mobile number from your existing Jio network via the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service. Subscribers have the option to switch to both prepaid and postpaid mobile plans on Vi. Users can apply to port Jio to Vodafone connection via both online and offline channels. In case, you apply online then the operator also provides doorstep delivery of the new SIM.
In this article, we have given a step-by-step guide on how to port your existing Jio mobile number to Vi (Vodafone Idea) prepaid or postpaid connection online as well as offline.
Important Things to know while porting Jio to Vodafone MNP
1. Customers need to keep their address and identity proof handy for the process.
2. Subscribers also need to clear all pending dues with their current telecom operator before porting their mobile number.
3. In case you are switching from a prepaid number, then you need to know that your existing balance will be forfeited and will not be carried forward during the porting process.
How to MNP Jio sim to Vodafone prepaid mobile connection
Vi has launched a dedicated webpage from where users can port their Jio mobile number to VI.
1. Visit the Vi MNP webpage to switch your Jio connection to VI.
2. Next, a simple form will open where you have to enter your mobile number and PIN code.
3. Then Scroll down a little to select from the available prepaid and postpaid plans.
4. Once you have selected a plan as per your requirement, hit the complete your order button.
5. Users will see a section asking for the complete address where you want to get your new SIM delivered.
6 .Click on the proceed to checkout button after filling in your address.
7. Next Vi will now show you a new page with payment details. Subscribers will have to make a payment against their chosen prepaid pack.
8. Then Enter the details and then click on the pay now button on the right. This will take you to a payment gateway to complete the payment process.
9. Once the payment is done users will see a confirmation screen and Vi will initiate the delivery of your SIM connection.
How to port Jio number to Vi postpaid
To switch your existing Jio connection to Vi postpaid connection follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Go to Vi’s MNP webpage and enter your mobile phone number and enter your PIN code there.
2. Next, choose from the available postpaid plans and choose the one that is suited to your needs.
3. Pick an appropriate plan and click on the Get Plan button available at the bottom of your preferable plan.
4. Now, press the complete your order button. This will refresh the webpage.
5. The new page will ask you to provide your name and full address where you want your new SIM connection delivered.
6. Once done, click on the get OTP button.
7. A pop-up window will now appear on the screen to let you enter the four-digit OTP that you've received on your existing mobile number.
8. Enter the OTP to initiate the delivery of your new SIM connection.
In both prepaid and postpaid connection requests, a Vi executive will visit your home to deliver your Vi SIM card. The Vi customer care executive will ask users to generate a Unique Porting Code (UPC) which can be done by sending an SMS message with the text “Port” followed by your 10-digit mobile number to 1900. Next, the executive will also ask for your address and identity proofs to complete the MNP process before handing over a new SIM card.
Please note that it will take 48 hours for the new SIM to get activated in case of intra-circle porting or up to four days in case of inner-circle porting. In the case of Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, or the North East service area, the process can take up to 15 working days.
How to switch to a Vi connection via a physical store
Subscribers also have the option to switch their Jio connection to a Vi connection by visiting a Vi-Store or an authorised retailer to get porting done offline. Just visit your nearest Vi-Store and carry your Id and address proof when visiting the store and generating a UPC code to port your number to a Vi connection.