The Indian government has kicked-off the second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive from March 1. The government has allowed more people to register themselves on the CoWin (COVID Vaccine Intelligence Network) platform that has been developed to facilitate the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine to Indian citizens. The government’s COVID-19 vaccination drive started on January 16 for healthcare and frontline workers and from March 1, the program has been expanded to include citizens above 60 years of age and people aged between 45 to 59 years with co-morbidities.
The Indian government has laid down three ways by which any Indian citizen can get themselves and their family members registered on the CoWin app to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The CoWin platform acts as a central database containing details of all those who have received the Coronavirus vaccine and also allows users to plan their appointments to get the vaccine. Here’s how to register for the CoWin platform for the COVID-19 vaccine using your Aargoya Setu app.
There are three ways through which an Indian citizen can receive the COVID-19 vaccine, as per the Indian government. The first and possibly a hassle-free option is to register yourself on the CoWin portal using the official website or Aargoya Setu app. Those who cannot self-register in advance can just walk-in to their nearest COVID Vaccination Centres and get themselves registered first. Apart from this, the government has also asked State and UT governments to initiate vaccination drives on specific dates and select potential people to administer the vaccine.
The CoWin portal lets users register themselves, select a nearby vaccination centre, book a slot as per users convenience to receive the vaccine. Once booked, a user can also reschedule the vaccination date from the portal.
For registering yourself through the CoWIN website, follow these steps:
2. Enter your mobile number to get a one-time password on your phone
3. After validating the OTP, users will have to fill out a registration form for the vaccination
4. Choose from a selection of photo ID proofs from the drop-down list
5. Enter the ID number of the selected ID card
6. Enter your name, date of birth and gender
7. If any pre-existing medical condition, just check the Yes button and tap on Register
After successfully registering, users can also add up to three more people to the same account. The individuals linked to a particular mobile number can be seen under the Account Details option. From here, a user can schedule an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at their convenience.
Under the Account Details tab, select the calendar icon to book a vaccination appointment. Search a vaccination centre near your locality from the drop-down menu to check for the available slots. If there are no available slots in the centre you selected, you can check other centres for the availability of slots. Once selected, tap on Book to confirm your vaccination appointment. Users can download the confirmation message after successfully booking an appointment.
Moreover, you can also register on the CoWin portal using the Aarogya Setu app. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Aarogya Setu app
2. Tap on the CoWIN tab
3. From here, you can see a summary of the vaccination drive, vaccination certificate and more
4. Tap on the Vaccination option under the CoWIN tab and then select Register from the options
5. Register using your mobile number on which you will receive an OTP for verification.
6. After validating the OTP, users will have to fill up a registration form the same way they did when registering via the website.
The CoWIN tab on Aarogya Setu also provides details of the vaccination drive and as of 8:30 AM IST on March 1, over 1,35,61,208 crore (13.5 million) people have been successfully been administered the COVID-19 vaccine in India.