Meta has announced 3D Avatars for Facebook and Instagram.
3D Avatars are a new expressive way of reacting to messages and stories.
We will see how to create and share 3D Avatars on Instagram and Facebook.
Meta is sprucing up the reaction options on Instagram, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. It has released 3D Avatars globally including in markets like India. These resemble the Apple Animoji in design. Well, the Mark Zuckerberg-led company is known to offer features inspired by its competition. But, for what it’s worth, Meta’s offering is more inclusive and representative of a broad spectrum of communities. You can share them as stickers, gifs, feed posts, video reels, etc. If you are a Facebook user, you can set your new avatar as the profile picture too.
So, let’s learn how to use the 3D Avatar. We will walk you through the creation and sharing process. It is really simple.
How to create 3D Avatars
This is how you do it on Instagram:
- Go to Instagram Settings.
- Select Account.
- Choose Avatar
- You will see a brief description of the feature. Meta calls 3D Avatars “A new way to be you on Instagram”. Tap on ‘Get Started’.
- Select your skin tone next.
- Now, you can choose your preferred hair color, body type, face shape, facial hair, accessories, dress, etc.
- Once all options are selected as you want, press Done.
The 3D Avatar is now created. Now, you can share them.
As for Facebook, here’s what you have to do:
- Click on the menu option and in the list of shortcuts, you will see Avatars. The rest of the steps are similar to what we explained in the case of Instagram.
That’s about it. So, try it out and have fun.