Having reviewed a few Windows Phone 7.5 smartphones recently, we were quite excited to see how this budget offering from Nokia performs. Yes, the Lumia 710 is available for around Rs 18.5k (approx.) and goes head on with the Samsung Omnia W (read our review here).
Here is what we feel about the Lumia 710
- While it looks a bit bulky, it is certainly very well built. The rubberized back cover does help immensely while you are gripping the phone with the same hand that is typing a message.
- The 3.7-inch display has the Gorilla Glass, which will go some way to prevent the nicks and scratches that we get when the phone is inside the trouser pocket, thanks to the keys, coins etc. that happen to reside there!
- Continuing with the display, the quality is very good. The colours are very vivid, and brightness levels are on the higher side. Setting the brightness to Low will be more than enough when you are indoor or even outside with no sunlight.
- The UI is slick, and you can flick through menus and apps with literally no stuttering effect.
- Touchscreen seems a tad over-sensitive at times, and might select something while you may actually be only flicking through the list.
While the Lumia 710 did not slow down under app load, we did run some tests to see how good it actually is-
CPU Bench score: 06.651
Memory Bench score: 01.835
Pi Mobile Benchmark
Speed test: 88.98
Here are some visuals of the phone. You can check these out in the meantime, and we will be posting the detailed review of the Nokia Lumia 710 very soon on our website. Do also read our review of the Nokia Lumia 800 in the meanwhile.