How to apply PAN card and check PAN status online.
How to how to download ePAN Card.
Who can apply for e-PAN card online?
The PAN card is an essential document that is needed for filing taxes, financial transactions, etc. Several financial processes cannot be accomplished without a PAN card nowadays. Now you can apply for a PAN card online with ease, without having to stand in the long queues at government offices.
The PAN verification process has been made very easy and can now be done online. The entire process of applying for a new PAN card online takes just a few minutes. The Income Tax department has made it much easier to get all your necessary documents, like PAN card registration and verification done online. If you already have an Aadhaar Card you can easily apply for PAN card via your registered mobile number. You can get an instant PAN or e-PAN card in just a few minutes. The government of India has also made it mandatory to do the PAN Aadhaar link.
Verifying your PAN options is easy, you can visit https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/, and search for the ‘Verify Your PAN’ link on the homepage. Simply click on the option and enter your PAN card details like date of birth, mobile number and name. Once you verify the details, you can easily download the PDF copy of PAN, i.e., an e-PAN card from the website. You can also check PAN status online. Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for an e-PAN Card.
Who can apply for ePan Card?
You can apply for an e-Pan card only if you have an Aadhaar card. You can apply for an online PAN card after completion of the Aadhaar-based KYC process. The e-PAN can be downloaded immediately after approval.
Table of Contents
How to apply PAN Card online
To apply for a PAN card online with ease by visiting www.incometax.gov.in. Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for an e-PAN card.
1. Visit the Income Tax department's website www.incometax.gov.in.
2. Next click on the Instant PAN through the Aadhaar option on the homepage.
3. You will see two options, 'Get a new PAN' and 'Check Status/Download PAN'.
4. Next click on the 'Get New PAN' option.
5. A new page will open where you will enter your Aadhaar number and the captcha code.
6. Next enter the OTP on the mobile number linked to your Aadhar card.
7. You will need to enter this OTP and your E-mail ID in the spaces provided.
8. Next, enter the information required for the PAN card.
9. Then you will receive your PAN number in a few minutes, which you can be download in PDF format.
10. To download your PAN online, just click on the 'Check Status/Download PAN' option.
11. Next download the PAN card in PDF format.
How to download ePAN Card using NSDL Portal
The Procedure to download ePAN card through the NSDL website. The ePAN card is a PAN card issued in an electronic form. You can download e-PAN card from NSDL portal.
For downloading PAN allotted in the last 30 days follow the below mentioned steps.
1. Download e-PAN card (applicable to PAN allotted in last 30 days)
2. Visit site https://www.tin-nsdl.com/.
3. Then click on ‘Download e-PAN card option (For PAN allotted in the last 30 days).
4. Enter Acknowledgment Number and Captcha Code.
5. Next Click on ‘Submit’.
6. Next, you get an option to receive an OTP on your E-mail ID; or mobile number.
7. Select any one of the options to receive OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
8. You will be able to get an OTP as per the option selected.
9. Then enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate’.
10. Once you have successfully validated, click on the ‘Download PDF’ option.
11. The PDF file will be downloaded and would be password protected. Please note the password to open the file would-be Date of Birth / Date of Incorporation / Date of Formation is in DDMMYYYY format.
How to download e-PAN card allotted more than 30 days ago
To download the e-PAN card allotted before 30 days follow the below mentioned steps.
1. Visit site https://www.tin-nsdl.com/.
2. Next Click on ‘Download e-PAN card.
3. The Following details will be required including the PAN card; the month of Birth and Year of Birth; GSTN (optional);
4. Next after providing the above-mentioned details, click on the ‘Submit button.
5. Once you click on ‘Submit’ you can download your e-PAN card.