An Aadhaar card works as a proof of identity and proof of address across India. Here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow on How to make Baal Aadhaar Card registration for children both online and offline.
The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique identification number that is allotted by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The card serves as proof of identity and address across India. Any individual who is living in India irrespective of age or gender is entitled to get an Aadhar card.
For children, you can apply for a Baal Aadhaar card. The process of applying for an Aadhaar card for kids is similar to that of adults. You can apply for the Aadhaar card baal children both online and offline. However, visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre is a must in both cases.
The government of India has mandated that an Aadhaar card for a child or 'Baal Aadhaar' will be issued free of cost. No biometric data will be taken for children below 5 years of age. Only demographic data and pictures of the child will be taken at the enrolment centre for kids who are aged below 5 years. UIDAI issues Baal Aadhar in blue colour. Check our step-by-step guide to apply for the Baal Aadhaar card online and offline in India.
For children’s Aadhaar card application follow the below mentioned steps.
1. First, visit the official UIDAI website. For an Aadhar card, including children.
2. Next, select the Aadhaar Card registration option.
3. Enter all the necessary information of the child including name, DOB, parent's phone number, e-mail address, and so on.
4. You will need to fill out the demographic details of the child including the residential address, locality, state, and so on.
5. Next, you have to click on the fix. appointment tab.
6. You can schedule the date of registration for the Baal Aadhar card.
To get the Aadhaar card you will have to go to the nearest enrolment centre to proceed further with the enrolment process. You have to carry all the required documents including the Proof of Address (PoA), Proof of Identity (PoI), Proof of Relationship (POR), and Date of Birth (DoB) documents of the child with you for enrolment.
Take a reference number of the application along with the documents. Take the Baal Aadhaar Card download application reference number with you. Once the verification process is done by the concerned officials, if the child is aged 5 years or above, then the biometric information will be procured and it will be linked to the Aadhaar card. In case the child is below 5 years no biometric data will be captured.
Upon the submission of the. Baal Aadhaar application form, you will receive a confirmation slip with the enrolment number. You can use the slip for tracking your application.
To apply for a Baal Aadhaar card offline follow the below mentioned steps.
1. First, you have to go to the nearest Aadhaar centre.
2. You will have to take with you all important documents like your Proof of Identity (PoI), the Proof of Relationship (POR) like birth certificate., Proof of Address (PoA), as well as the Date of Birth (DoB) of the child.
3. At the Aadhaar centre, you will get a form to fill and submit.
4. Next verification will be done of the documents.
5. For children under the age of five, no biometric data will be collected. Only demographic data and facial recognition will be done (i.e., a picture will be taken).
6. Once the process is completed you will get an SMS on your mobile number within 60 days, and you will attain your child's Baal Aadhaar card within a period of 90 days of approval.
In the case of a new born child, the UID is processed based on the demographic details of any one of the parents and the facial picture is linked with the UID of its parents. Please note that once the newborn will turn 5 years old, then you will have to get the 10-finger biometric done. The facial photography of the newly born baby will be done when the baby turns 15 years of age.
There are several benefits of getting a Baal Aadhaar card-
1. The Baal Aadhar works as a proof of identity for children whenever they travel on flights or in railways or even during hotel stays.
2. All schools in India have made it a compulsory document to be given at the time of the admission process.
3. Children can also avail subsidy under the mid-day meal facility provided by the government of India.
Here is the list of documents required to get a Baal Aadhaar card.
1. The Baal Aadhaar card particulars will be linked with anyone of the parent’s Aadhaar card.
2. If the child is admitted to a school., then the parent has to provide the identification card of the school or a statement issued by the school stating that the child is studying in that school.
3. The school ID card can be given if the child is admitted to a school.