Images can be used for creating engaging visuals when marketing a product or even to share pictures with family and friends. If you’re working with multiple images at the same time, then size can become an issue. You will have to deal with storage space, and some of the images could be maybe too large to upload.
Resizing is changing an image without cutting anything out. The best image resizing tools available nowadays can help you increase or decrease the size of the image without compromising on quality.
Why is Resizing Necessary?
Resizing your images can help you in several ways.
1. You can overcome file size limits when sending your images via email.
2. It can help you save space on your Windows device.
3. Help you upload images on a website or blog faster.
Here are a number of tools that you can use to resize images with ease.
How to resize photos using Paint on Windows pc
Paint has been a staple of Windows laptops since version 1.0 in 1985. The software easily opens all the common file types including BMP, PNG, JPG, TIFF, and GIF and offers a very easy way to resize images.
1. To use Paint to resize images first open your image by opening up the File menu by clicking the “Open” command.
2. Next, select the image you want to resize, and click the “Open” button.
3. On the Home, click the “Resize” button.
4. Paint offers you the option of resizing the image by percentage or by pixels. The software uses percentage by default. In case you need a specific size, then you can use pixels to resize your image.
5. If you add a horizontal or vertical value, then Paint inevitably creates the other value for you to preserve the original image’s dimensions.
6. Simply select the percentage or dimensions you want, and then click the “OK” button.
Paint is a good option if you have to resize images one at a time and don’t want to install any third-party apps.
How to Bulk Resize Photos in Windows 10 using Image resizer tool
Image resizer for Windows is a free software that can help you resize a multitude of images simultaneously. Image Resizer is very popular as it works well with almost all image formats: PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, ICO, and others.
Here’s how to use Image Resizer for Windows to resize images in bulk
1. First, you will need to download and follow the on-screen instructions to install Image Resizer for Windows.
2. For complete software integration, restart your computer.
3. Open the images folder and select all the files that you want to resize.
4. Simply Right-click on the images you’ve selected.
5. Next click on “Resize Pictures” from the drop-down menu.
6. Then Windows will give you the chance to adjust various properties of your images.
7. You can also choose to go with one of the specified dimensions like small, medium, large, or mobile. You can also enter your custom dimensions in the width and height boxes.
8. Click on the “Resize” option.
9. The process can take a little while depending on the size and number of images selected for resizing. The resized images will automatically be saved in the same folder as the original files.
How to resize images using Adobe
The Photoshop Express image resizing tool from Adobe helps you to resize images even with ease. You can quickly resize a photo for Facebook, Twitter, or a LinkedIn profile image. You also have the option to resize a screenshot or shrink a high-res photo to help your blog load faster. Adobe allows you to resize your images in three easy steps.
1. Simply upload your JPG or PNG to Adobe.
2. Next, crop the image in the dimensions or scale by a percentage.
3. Next save, download and share your photo.
How to edit pictures using the free Pixlr X tool
One of the easiest online image resizer tools is Pixlr X. To edit and resize images using Pixlr X visit https://pixlr.com/x/.
1.First, you will need to upload the image you want to edit. You have the option to drag and drop an image from your desktop or click on the "Open image" button and select an image from a folder on your computer.
2. Next, choose the crop tool from the left side menu of the site.
3. Click on the select aspect tool, next click size and enter the desired image dimensions as per your requirement.
4. You can use the toggles on the sides and corners of your image to adjust the crop to keep the focus on the main area of the image. The image will keep the fixed pixel dimensions, even as you adjust the crop.
5. Once you have resized the image then save it.
6. You can use the Quality slider to make sure the file size is under 1MB. Then click "Download". And your image is saved and ready for sharing.