Delhi boy suffers eye injuries after mobile battery explodes

By Kul Bhushan | Published on 10 Aug 2011
Delhi boy suffers eye injuries after mobile battery explodes

Want to modernise your banking loan application?

Build an application that analyses credit risk with #IBMCloud Pak for Data on #RedHat #OpenShift

Click here to know more

Advertisements

In a bizarre incident, an 18-year-old boy suffered serious eye injuries after the battery of his mobile phone exploded while he was trying to charge it. The incident took place at West Patel Nagar, New Delhi. The boy was soon rushed to the nearby hospital. The doctors say the boy may have to undergo surgery or could even suffer partial vision loss.

[RELATED_ARTICLE]

The boy identified as Monu revealed that he had recently purchased that phone from Gaffar market. Monu told the media that the battery exploded when he tried to remove it from the phone after failing to switch it on. He had put the phone on charging last night.

According to the preliminary inquiry, overheating led to the explosion of the battery. It's notable that lithium batteries are widely used in mobile phones. However, in case of overcharging and overheating, the inflammable liquid inside the battery can explode. Such incidents have taken place previously in the country.

Also read,

logo
Kul Bhushan

Digit caters to the largest community of tech buyers, users and enthusiasts in India. The all new Digit in continues the legacy of Thinkdigit.com as one of the largest portals in India committed to technology users and buyers. Digit is also one of the most trusted names when it comes to technology reviews and buying advice and is home to the Digit Test Lab, India's most proficient center for testing and reviewing technology products.

We are about leadership-the 9.9 kind! Building a leading media company out of India.And,grooming new leaders for this promising industry.

DMCA.com Protection Status