We told you at the beginning of the month that PUBG Mobile will be getting the 0.10.0 update and at the time, we had also published Patch Notes for the same. Now, reiterating all that the update brings, PUBG Mobile has officially tweeted out details of the upcoming update which will bring the famous Vikendi Snow map to the mobile game. In a Reddit post, PUBG Mobile has listed all the new additions to the game with the 0.10.0 update, along with improvements to matchmaking, chat and shop. There’s also a new teaser poster with the words ‘PUBG Mobile Xnow’ written on it. We think ‘Xnow’ is PUBG’s take on the word ‘Snow’.
Before we get started with all the new content being added to the game, know that the 0.10.0 update is already available for the game. However, the Vikendi Snow or Xnow map is still not available fand will be released in December 20, 5:30 am IST. Matchmaking will be available 24 hours later. Now that you know the availability of the Vikendi map on PUBG Mobile, here is a list of all the new content and improvements made to the game with the new update.
- Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map, is coming! It will be available for download at 0:00 UTC on 20th of December 2018, and available for matchmaking 24 hours later. We recommend downloading the map first.
- New weather added: Snow
- Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
- Snowball Fight added to Vikendi's Spawn Island.
- Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event center!
- Added Arabic support.
- Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers.
- Players that repeatedly exiting matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time.
- Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
- Added a layout for players with large hands.
- Added tags to items with quality, categories and background information.
- Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel's Spawn Island. Season 1's winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes. Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018!
- Players' best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players.
- Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
- New commands added to Quick Chat.
- Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
- Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get upgradable weapon finish Glacier - M416 when they finish daily missions.
- Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes.
- Added a feature in the backpack to show sources of unobtained items when tapped.
- Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat.
- Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages.
- Shop's front page has been tuned to emphasize themes of each major update.
Some PUBG Mobile players have been reporting problems with audio and graphics in the game after the update. According to comments made by players on the update Reddit thread, the update makes it difficult to discern the direction from which enemies approach. “I thought I was going crazy when I heard an enemy on my right side but ultimately he popped up on my left,” said one user. Complaining about degraded graphics, another user said, “my resolution is so low after this update , its all a jaggy mess.” Hopefully, the developers will take note of the issues and patch the same with another update.
Digit caters to the largest community of tech buyers, users and enthusiasts in India. The all new Digit in continues the legacy of Thinkdigit.com as one of the largest portals in India committed to technology users and buyers. Digit is also one of the most trusted names when it comes to technology reviews and buying advice and is home to the Digit Test Lab, India's most proficient center for testing and reviewing technology products.
We are about leadership — the 9.9 kind Building a leading media company out of India. And, grooming new leaders for this promising industry