Thor: Ragnarok : Release Date, Trailer, Cast & Songs
About Thor: Ragnarok
Thor: Ragnarok was released on Oct 24, 2017 and was directed by Taika Waititi .This movie is 2 hr 11 min in duration and is available in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil and English languages. Tessa Thompson, Chris Hemsworth, Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Jeff Goldblum, Cate Blanchett, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Benedict Cumberbatch, Taika Waititi, Rachel House, Clancy Brown, Tadanobu Asano, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Stan Lee, Georgia Blizzard, Amali Golden, Luke Hemsworth, Sam Neill, Matt Damon, Charlotte Nicdao, Ashley Ricardo, Shalom Brune-Franklin, Taylor Hemsworth, Cohen Holloway, Alia Seror-O'Neill, Sophia Laryea, Steven Oliver, Hamish Parkinson, Jasper Bagg, Sky Castanho, Shari Sebbens, Richard Green, Sol Castanho, Jet Tranter, Samantha Hopper, Eloise Winestock, Rob Mayes, Tahlia Jade, Winnie Mzembe, Sean Edward Frazer, Connor Zegenhagen, Tracie Filmer, Tracey Lee Maxwell, Beatrice Ward, Donnie Baxter, Greta Carew-Johns, Mollie McGregor, Sophia McGregor, Scarlett Johansson, Katie Anderson, Ash Ricardo, Sam Hargrave and Garreth Hadfield are playing as the star cast in this movie. You can watch the movie online on Hotstar, as long as you are a subscriber to the video streaming OTT platform. Thor: Ragnarok scores a 7.9 digit binge rating out of 10 and is a brilliant movie to watch in the Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Superhero genres.
1. (at around 54 mins) Thor's "friend from work" line about The Incredible Hulk was suggested to Chris Hemsworth by a Make-A-Wish child who paid a visit to the set on the day the scene was filmed.
2. Director Taika Waititi said in an interview with MTV News: "I would say we improvised probably eighty percent of the film, or ad-libbed and threw in stuff."
3. Sir Anthony Hopkins had decided against returning as Odin, but upon reading the story, he changed his mind.
4. Director Taika Waititi based Korg's character on Polynesian bouncers: "We wanted to change the idea of what a hulking guy made of rocks could be. He's huge and heavy, but with a light soul, and he's funny and friendly."
5. This marks the first time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that The Incredible Hulk was not voiced by Lou Ferrigno, but by Mark Ruffalo. Ferrigno voiced Hulk in The Incredible Hulk (2008), The Avengers (2012), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).
6. Before the sets created for Marvel's Doctor Strange (2016) were demolished, director Taika Waititi took advantage of them by writing and filming a scene for this movie featuring Thor meeting Dr. Stephen Strange. Marvel and Doctor Strange (2016) director Scott Derrickson felt the scene was "kind of perfect" to show Strange joining the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe after his stand-alone introduction in that movie, so the scene appeared during the end credits of Doctor Strange (2016).
7. Cate Blanchett accepted a role in this movie to please her children, who are Marvel comics fans. Blanchett's eldest son Dashiell John Upton suggested she take the role of Hela, saying it'd be a career boost.
8. In Norse mythology and the Marvel comics, Loki is the father of Hela and Fenris the Wolf.
9. Director Taika Waititi said that he wanted to showcase Chris Hemsworth's comedic talent in this movie: "He's so good and underutilized in that department. He's legitimately one of the funniest things in this film."
10. In the Marvel Comics Universe, when a Being becomes the last of its race, the Being is imbued with immortality, and that Being becomes part of a new race called an Elder of the Universe. That means they can no longer die, and hence are immortal. It is how the Universe protects the last of a kind in the Marvel Comics Universe. The Grandmaster and The Collector are two examples in the Marvel Comics Universe.
11. Director Taika Waititi appeared in this movie as Korg. He is the second Marvel movie director to have a major role in his movie, after Jon Favreau (who directed the first two Iron Man movies and appeared as "Happy" Hogan in the Marvel Cinematic Universe).
12. The Grandmaster's (Jeff Goldblum's) tower features statues of his champions, notable figures from Marvel comics: the alien being Beta Ray Bill (top left), the supernatural entity Man-Thing (top center), the Greek god Ares (top right), the android monster the Bi-Beast (bottom right), the alien Fin Fan Foom (bottom center), and The Night-Crawler (bottom left). Note that 'The Night-Crawler' is not to be confused with 'Nightcrawler' from the X-Men storylines.
13. Chris Hemsworth plays Thor in this movie, while his older brother Luke played Actor Thor in the movie. Their younger sibling Liam was considered for the role of Thor.
14. Chris Hemsworth had to bulk up again for his role as Thor. He had to follow a strict diet, and work out six to seven times a week, and eat around six thousand calories a day.
15. The song heard in the trailer and Thor's first and last battles are Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song". It was specifically chosen because its lyrics make mention of Norse mythology.
16. In Norse mythology, Ragnarök is translated as "The Fate of the Gods", although it is often confused with the word "Götterdämmerung". The myth tells of the eventual destruction of the universe and mankind, as well as the deaths of several key figures in Norse Mythology, such as the gods Odin, Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Freyr, Sol, and Tyr, and the monsters, a.k.a. Jotun, Fenris, and Jörmungandr. A new generation of gods, the children of Odin, Thor, and Sol specifically, will take the place of the old ones, as the cycle of the world starts anew.
Mount Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Walt Disney Pictures,Marvel Studios,Government of Australia