Delhi 6 : Release Date, Trailer, Cast & Songs
About Delhi 6
Delhi 6 was released on Feb 20, 2009 and was directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra .This movie is 2 hr 21 min in duration and is available in Hindi language. Om Puri, Waheeda Rehman, Raghubir Yadav, Abhishek Bachchan, Divya Dutta, Sonam Kapoor, Prem Chopra, Vijay Raaz, Rishi Kapoor, Supriya Pathak, Pavan Malhotra, Tanvi Azmi, Atul Kulkarni, Aditi Rao Hydari and Amitabh Bachchan are playing as the star cast in this movie. You can watch the movie online on Netflix, as long as you are a subscriber to the video streaming OTT platform. Delhi 6 scores a 6.1 digit binge rating out of 10 and is a good movie to watch in the Bollywood and Drama genres.
1. The role of Roshan Mehra played by Abhishek Bachchan was offered to 'Hritik Roshan', Siddharth (Rang De Basanti (2006) fame), 'Imran Khan', 'Ranbir Kapoor' and 'Akshay Kumar'.
2. The name of the movie is the name of Old Delhi, whose pin code is 110006. The residents of Old Delhi call it "Delhi 6".
3. The terrace shots of Delhi 6 were shot on set in Jaipur but were given the feel of Delhi in post-production. Original backgrounds were replaced by images shot in Delhi. The key challenge in this shot was extending the generic terraces, building the geographic landmarks of the area like Jama Masjid, Golden Temple, Red Fort, with their respective geographical positions.
4. The rap that comes in the title track is french. It says the surprise one feels coming in a new atmosphere of small streets and compares it with the meeting of a loved one after a long wait.
5. The film was based on the 2001 Delhi The Monkey Man of Delhi case who would target people at night.
6. The plane during 'Dil Gira Dafatan' bears the director's and title's initials - ROMPD6 (Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra Delhi 6) as its livery.
7. Features lyricist Prasoon Joshi's first attempt at story writing.
8. The Taj Mahal interior sequence was shot in green matte because of a problem with permissions. Later using the reference of old buildings and images, a separate new background and location were created in computer graphics (CG) and composited with chroma background. The light coming from the window and falling over Sonam Kapoor was created in 3D. (No. of shots: 11)
9. For the car scene at the beginning where Abhishek's character wakes up in the crowded place in Delhi when he first arrives in India, Abhishek Bachchan and other stars were shot against the green screen background and seats which were later replaced by the footage taken in a congested area of Delhi with empty car seats.
10. The TVs in Ali Beg's club show videos of India's only Formula1 team Force India. Force India is also especially thanked in the end credits for it.
11. Though it is very obvious that the Statue of Liberty and Jama Masjid have been brought together 'digitally' in Old Delhi's skyline during Dil Gira Dafatan, during the entire movie, terrace shots showing the skyline were digitally created backgrounds.
12. Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra said that didn't want an audition from Sonam Kapoor - he just talked to her for 6-7 hours and agreed on her for the movie.
13. The film is a semi-autobiography of Rakesh himself as he has spent most of his childhood in Delhi only.
14. Many scenes of the movie were shot against the green screen (chroma background) using CGI. Various VFX techniques, right from compositing, matte painting, background plates (BG), wire removal, and many more, went into creating shots that portrayed the look and the feel of real Delhi, though most of the sequences were not shot in Delhi for security reasons.
Box office collection
Hotel Tara Palace, Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi, Central Delhi, Delhi, India
Dillywood Rakeysh ,Omprakash Mehra Pictures,UTV Motion Pictures