Kahaani : Release Date, Trailer, Cast & Songs
Kahaani was released on Mar 09, 2012 and was directed by Sujoy Ghosh .This movie is 2 hr 3 min in duration and is available in Hindi and Malayalam languages. Vidya Balan, Pamela Singh Bhutoria, Parambrata Chatterjee, Dhritiman Chatterjee, Saswata Chatterjee, Indraneil Sengupta, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Darshan Jariwala, Masood Akhtar, Riddhi Sen, Rwitobroto Mukherjee and Shantilal Mukherjee are playing as the star cast in this movie. You can watch the movie online on Hotstar/ Netflix/ Prime Video, as long as you are a subscriber to the video streaming OTT platform. Kahaani scores a 8.5 digit binge rating out of 10 and is a brilliant movie to watch in the Mystery, Bollywood, Drama and Suspense and Thriller genres.
1. Saswata Chatterjee who plays the evil villain Bob went to see the film with his wife wherein his wife would close her eyes whenever he appeared on screen because he was too evil in the film.
2. Nawazuddin Siddiqui got a breakthrough with this film as he struggled for 12 years in just small character roles. After Kahaani he became one of the busiest actors.
3. Though in the film the cellphone proves to be a tool for Bob Biswas as his prospective victim's photo is sent to him via MMS, in real life Saswata Chatterjee (who portrayed Bob Biswas )doesn't even use mobile and has only a landline number as a point of contact.
4. Vidya Balan was the very first choice for the film.
5. Popular Hindi actors were not willing to work with him Sujoy Ghosh after his two flops. He also believed that audience might expect more screen-time from a better-known actor. Hence they cast more Bengali actors in the film who were lesser-known in Hindi films.
6. Sujoy Ghosh built Khan as a character with a lean physical build but full of mental strength, loyalty, and patriotism. Khan smokes a relatively cheap brand of cigarette (Gold Flake) despite his high official post; Nawazuddin Siddiqui had smoked that brand of cigarette throughout his struggling days.
7. The film was shot totally in Kolkata and most on the streets. Bengali actor Prasenjit Chatterjee had encouraged Sujoy Ghosh to shoot the film in Kolkata.
8. Vidya Balan prepared for her role by interacting with pregnant women and gynecologists she learned about the difficulties faced by a woman during pregnancy and their also superstitious followed by some.
9. The climatic Durga Puja sequence was shot at the Ballygunge Cultural Club pandal on Dussehra.
10.No producer was ready to finance the film due to earlier flops of Sujoy Ghosh: Home Delivery: Aapko... Ghar Tak (2005) and Aladin (2009).
11. Apart from Vidya Balan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Darshan Jariwala, the rest were all actors from Bengali films.
12. Saswata Chatterjee (Bob Biswas) used to play the character of "Topshe" in the Bengali TV adaptations of the "Feluda" until 2001. Parambrata Chattopadhyay (who plays Inspector Satyaki Sinha/Rana) replaced him in 2003 and since then he plays the role in four Bengali movie adaptations.
13. Talaash (2012) another thriller of the same year found the climax similar to their film to be released in November 2012 and decided to change the climax of their film.
14. Casting director Roshmi Banerjee suggested Nawazuddin Siddiqui for the role of Khan. By then he was only doing small roles in films.
15. The role of Rana was earlier offered to Chandan Roy Sanyal who opted out due to other commitments.
Box office collection
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Boundscript,Pen Movies,Viacom18 Motion Pictures