Blue : Release Date, Trailer, Cast & Songs
Blue was released on Oct 17, 2009 and was directed by Anthony D'Souza and Marco van Belle .This movie is 1 hr 56 min in duration and is available in Hindi, Telugu and English languages. Akshay Kumar, Swayam Prakash, Sanjay Dutt, Chandu, Lara Dutta, Alex, Zayed Khan, Sowmya Rai, Abhinay, Katrina Kaif, Rahul Dev, Kabir Bedi, Kylie Minogue, James Carlton and Sophia Di Martino are playing as the star cast in this movie. You can watch the movie online on Airtel Xstream/ Prime Video/ ZEE5, as long as you are a subscriber to the video streaming OTT platform. Blue scores a 3.6 digit binge rating out of 10 and movie is available in Action, Drama, Adventure and Suspense and Thriller genres.
1. According to the director, the script was written keeping Sanjay Dutt and Akshay Kumar in mind for the lead roles.
2. A tattoo can be seen on Akshay Kumar's neck which reads "Aarav", coincidentally the name he plays. It's his son's name, which was later incorporated into the script.
3. Lara Dutta didn't know how to swim when she was cast, so she went on training. She had almost drowned while filming the movie Andaaz (2003) but was rescued by the actor Akshay Kumar. Strangely, Akshay was the one who recommended her name for this underwater exploration adventure movie.
4. While filming the climax underwater fighting scenes in the wrecked ship Akshay Kumar smashed his forehead under a rusty metal portion. Blood suddenly came out, and there were sharks nearby the filming spot. Everyone panicked but he was rescued by the stunt actors. Akshay was ready for the second take, but the director insisted the first shoot was okay.
5. According to director Anthony D'Souza, the first choice for the character of Sam was John Abraham. But John was not able to do the film because of personal reasons and prior commitments. Hence the role went to Zayed Khan.
6. Actor Zayed Khan gave Kylie Minogue a designer sari on the last day of the shoot.
7. Director Anthony D'Souza envisioned Akshay's character as a rich businessman who is ruthless and determined. To create that look Akshay Kumar slashed his eyebrows and grew a goatee.
8. For her character's ripped-out bikini look, Lara Dutta had to maintain her body weight. She underwent a strict diet and maintained a weight of 58kg while filming the movie. Also, Hollywood make-up artist Nikoletta Skarlatos gave her special water-resistant make-up for the underwater swimming scenes, as normal make-up can't stand salty seawater for long.
9. Director Anthony D'Souza's debut movie.
10. Due to his recent weight gain, Sanjay Dutt appeared in scuba diving suits and T-shirts throughout the underwater swimming scenes.
11. Lara Dutta first rejected the role because she didn't know how to swim. When she found out Akshay Kumar recommended her, she called him that she wouldn't be able to accept the role. But Akshay gave total support for accepting the offer and suggested she took swimming lessons.
12. Director-turned-actor Farhan Akhtar turned down A.R. Rahman's proposal to sing a track song for the movie.
13. Director Anthony D'Souza was a big fan of renowned cinematographer Amir Mokri (who shot Vantage Point (2008) and Bad Boys II (2003)). In the movie, a gunfight scene was heavily inspired by the movie Bad Boys II (2003).
14. Actor Zayed Khan insisted on doing his stunts.
15. The bike stunts scenes in the woods were difficult to film, because of mud and grass the riders found extremely risk to control their bikes. Also the famous "blast out flamed bike" sequence required two takes, because of bad timing and impact.
16.Sanjay Dutt and Akshay Kumar's second film together. They had previously appeared together 15 years earlier in "Amaanat" (1994).
17. The song Chiggy Wiggy by Kylie was sampled from the song "Baby Its You" by Jojo.
18.Akshay Kumar's third movie featuring international singers. Starting with Snoop Dogg in Singh Is King (2008), Bohemia for CC2C (2009) and 8 x 10 Tasveer (2009), and Kylie Minogue in Blue (2009).
19. Suniel Shetty was the first choice for Rahul Dev's role.