Koi... Mil Gaya : Release Date, Trailer, Cast & Songs
About Koi... Mil Gaya
Koi... Mil Gaya was released on Aug 08, 2003 and was directed by Rakesh Roshan and Roshaan Garry Bhinder .This movie is 2 hr 51 min in duration and is available in Hindi language. Hrithik Roshan, Prem Chopra, Rajat Bedi, Johnny Lever, Rekha, Preity Zinta, Mukesh Rishi, Rakesh Roshan, Beena Banerjee, Hansika Motwani, Mithilesh Chaturvedi and Akash Khurana are playing as the star cast in this movie. You can watch the movie online on ZEE5, as long as you are a subscriber to the video streaming OTT platform. Koi... Mil Gaya scores a 7.3 digit binge rating out of 10 and is a brilliant movie to watch in the Action, Drama and Sci-Fi genres.
1. In the movie, Rohit's father died in a car crash and his mother was injured. The same thing happened to Preity Zinta when she was thirteen years old.
2. The mentally challenged character played by Hrithik wears spectacles. After going through various spectacles, the ones he finally used, were the same pair that he wore as ultra-modern Raj in "Kaho Na Pyaar Hai".
3. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was originally intended for the role of Nisha.
4. Hrithik Roshan was the first actor to win both 'Best Actor Critics and 'Best Actor at the Filmfare Awards for Koi... Mil Gaya. After him, Amitabh Bachchan and Ranbir Kapoor repeated the feat for 'Black' and 'Rockstar' respectively.
5. This is India's third Science Fiction Musical with elaborate special effects.
6. Just before the shot in which Hrithik uses his father's computer and accidentally communicates with the extra-terrestrials, Rekha warned Hrithik that she would slap him hard. He thought she was joking, but when the camera rolled, Rekha slapped him hard, which left him shocked.
7. The director, Rakesh Roshan, had approached several actors like Anil Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor to play the role of Hrithik's father in the movie. Rishi Kapoor suggested that he play that role himself.
8. Rakesh Roshan wanted to cast Rekha as Hrithik's mother but was apprehensive that she might refuse to play her mother's role. He invited her home, on the pretext of seeking her opinion on the script. After listening to the script, Rekha was so excited, that she said, that she would like to play Hrithik's mother in the film.
9. Hrithik Roshan was not able to reduce his weight enough for the role of a young adult with the mind of an 11-year-old because he was shooting other films at the same time. The problem was solved with baggy clothes that hid his real proportions and a special hairstyle that made his face look thinner.
10. It is said that the director of the movie and father of Hrithik, Rakesh Roshan was inspired by some real-life incidents from Hrithik's life. The scene in which the bullies break Rohit's cycle being one of many such scenes.
11. The makers of the movie had shot two different endings. In the alternate ending, the alien takes away all the powers with him. Rohit looks up to the sky and says thank you. But the director felt that the audiences would respond better to a happy ending. So the ending with Rohit getting back the powers was shot.
12. The Roshans had organized a special screening of Koi...Mil Gaya for India's then Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He is said to have praised Hrithik's performance to the skies.
13. Rakes Roshan took special permission from the mayor of Kasauli town where the film was shot to switch off the light of the whole town while filming the scene when space ships pass from above the town.
14. During the shooting of the finale, Hrithik Roshan pinched a nerve in his neck and had to get several neck massages daily to keep the pain at an acceptable level.
15. Jaadu was played by Chhote Ustad, who acted blindly in a costume with an animatronic head on top.
16. The song from Krrish, "Ek Tha Lanka, Ek thi ladki" plays in Koi...mil Gaya for more than once. It is used during Nisha and Rohit's scenes together.
17. The melody that the Earthlings use to communicate with the aliens is actually "Trans-Europe Express" by Kraftwerk.
Box office collection
Banff National Park, Alberta,Canada
Film Kraft,Films & Casting Temple Pvt. Ltd. Sydney