Vodafone has announced that it will launch its VoLTE services in India by January 2018. Vodafone will roll out the service in Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka, and Kolkata during the first phase and will extend the service across the country “in a short time”. Vodafone will be the third telco after Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel to offer VoLTE services in India.
Vodafone said that its VoLTE services will allow 4G customers to experience “HD quality crystal clear voice with super call connect time”. The telco will not be charging users for VoLTE services, however, they will need a handset which supports VoLTE along with a 4G SIM.
Announcing the VoLTE service, Sunil Sood, MD and CEO of Vodafone India said, “Vodafone is getting Future Ready with the advent of newer technologies and digital services. The introduction of Voice over LTE (VoLTE) will enhance customer experience with HD quality calling and offer our customers newer possibilities. Vodafone VoLTE is an important step towards introducing futuristic technology enhancing our Data Strong Network.”
Vodafone recently launched a new prepaid plan for its customers. Priced at Rs 198, the new recharge offers 1GB of 4G data per day along with free local and STD calling, 100 daily SMS and free roaming. However, only existing Vodafone subscribers are eligible for the recharge and new users can avail the same benefits by recharging with the Rs 229 prepaid plan. You can read more about the new plans here.
Vodafone announced the new plans soon after Reliance Jio launched its new prepaid recharges priced at Rs 199 and Rs 299. Under the "Happy New Year 2018" plans, Jio is offering 1.2GB and 2GB 4G data per day with Rs 199 and Rs 299 plans respectively. Also, the Jio plans offer free calls, SMSes and unrestricted access to Jio apps like JioTV, JioCinema, and more. You can read more about the new Jio plans here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures