Vodafone has announced that it is making 4G-ready SIMs available to its customers in Delhi-NCR. These are being made available before the commercial launch of the service in the Delhi-NCR circle. The company has also stated that a formal announcement regarding the launch will be made soon. Customers can go to any Vodafone Store in Delhi-NCR, and upgrade to a 4G-ready SIM card for free.
In addition, Vodafone announced that the customers who get these SIMs will get complementary 1GB of 4G data at the time of launch. To get free internet, customers will have to send “GO4G” to 199. To avail 4G services, customers will need to have a 4G-enabled handset as well as a 4G-ready SIM card.
Vodafone is also making arrangements for the home delivery of 4G-ready SIMs for its premium, high-value customers in Delhi-NCR. It said that a formal communication is being sent out to all these customers with details of the initiative. Vodafone claims that it has successfully tested its 4G services on its network, and has modernised its existing network by incorporating the latest advances in technology. Vodafone has already launched high speed 4G services in Kerala and Mysore in Karnataka, and plans to roll out 4G services in all major metros like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru by March 2016.
Apoorva Mehrotra, Business Head-Delhi & NCR, Vodafone India stated, “Before we step into the next generation of telecommunications, we want to make the transition to 4G to be smooth and seamless for our 10 million customers in Delhi & NCR. We want them to be 4G-ready so that they can start experiencing the benefits of high speed mobile internet services as soon as they are launched commercially. Hence, this facility to upgrade to 4G-ready SIMs in advance. We are excited and fully geared up to launch our 4G services on the superior 1800 MHz band in Delhi & NCR very soon.”
Vodafone isn't the only telecom operator to offer 4G services in India. Airtel is already offering 4G services across India while Reliance Jio launched its services last month. Reliance Jio will also be launching 4G capable handsets under the 'LYF' brand.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures