Vodafone may soon take away surcharges on calls made when you’re not in your home network. The telecom company had earlier announced free incoming calls on roaming calls, but still charges the premium on calls made while on roaming. While the information isn’t official yet, a Vodafone executive, who called us for joining the company’s network, said that roaming charges may be removed from April onwards. Vodafone did not comment on the matter.
However, the development wouldn’t come as a surprise, since Vodafone’s competitors have been going the same way. Airtel recently declared its “war on roaming”, cutting premiums on roaming calls. “This marks the death of national roaming and the whole country will now be like a local network for our customers, who will not have to think twice before making or receiving calls or using data while traveling outside their home base,” said Gopal Vittal, CEO, Airtel.
Idea Cellular had announced this Saturday, that incoming calls on roaming, on its network, will be free from now. Idea, though, hasn’t yet cut down on the premium charged for outgoing calls. Of course, new entrant Reliance Jio offers free voice across all its circles, too. Both Idea and Airtel will be cutting down on roaming charges from April 1.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures