Vodafone India has started rolling out VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) services in the Delhi-NCR, Mumbai and Gujarat circles. The telecom operator is now the third service provider to offer VoLTE services, which were inaugurated in India by Reliance Jio and later picked up by Airtel. Vodafone says that its SuperNet 4G customers can upgrade to VoLTE for free and that the company will be expanding the service to other cities in India soon.
Read the complete press release below
Vodafone, one of India’s largest telecommunication services provider, today announced the roll-out of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services across Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and Gujarat (Surat and Ahmedabad). Accessible on popular 4G mobile devices with a Vodafone 4G SIM, customers can make calls using Vodafone VoLTE and enjoy HD quality crystal clear voice with super call connect, thus experiencing the best from Vodafone’s Data Strong Network. Vodafone SuperNet 4G customers can access Vodafone VoLTE for no additional charges and all calls will be billed as per existing plan or pack benefits.
Announcing the launch of the Vodafone VoLTE service, Sunil Sood, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone India, said, “In line with our commitment to introduce the best of breed technologies and consistently enhance customer experience, we are delighted to launch our VoLTE service across our three key circles of Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and Gujarat. Vodafone VoLTE will empower our customers to enjoy seamless connectivity of a higher level, enabling them to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices. We have consistently invested in building, a robust and future fit data strong network, pan India. We will be expanding the Vodafone VoLTE experience in several more circles shortly.”
Vodafone VoLTE service will next be launched in Karnataka and Kolkata and extended across the country in a phased manner over the next few months.
How to enjoy Vodafone VoLTE
- Customers can access Vodafone VoLTE services on all VoLTE enabled devices. Several popular handsets are already compatible with the Vodafone VoLTE network, and the numbers of such handsets is growing rapidly. To check if you can enjoy Vodafone VoLTE on your handset, please click on the link – www.vodafone.in/volte
- Upgrade the mobile device’s OS to the latest version
- Ensure the device has a Vodafone 4G SIM: Customers with Dual-SIM handsets have to ensure that the Vodafone 4G SIM has been inserted in the data SIM slot/slot 1 and network mode has been set as “4G/3G/2G (Auto)”.
Other Popular Deals
- Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (May 2018)14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures