- Almost one in five young people surveyed said they lack the skills to do any job at all - 18%
- Almost one in five young people feel under-prepared for the digital economy - 8%
- Over half said the hardest challenge for their generation is finding a well-paid, permanent job – 51%
- Over half youth surveyed preferred modern jobs over traditional jobs – 52%. Young women equally favour Modern jobs as men
- 5 of the top 10 appealing jobs were Modern careers - including Youtube Blogger (26%), Internet of Things Product Designer (18%), Cyber Security Specialist (17%) and Robotics Engineer (15%)
The full The State of iGen research - including a country-by-country breakdown and additional statistics - can be found at: https://yougov.co.uk/find-solutions/omnibus/international/vodafone-study-igen/.