Vodafone has announced another tariff plan that offers 1GB data per day to its customers. The second largest telecom service provider in the country has announced the launch of a new FRC 496 plan that offers unlimited calling and 1GB data per day. The plan available with recharge of Rs 496 is only applicable for new prepaid subscribers in the Delhi-NCR region.
The new FRC 496 plan from Vodafone offers unlimited local and STD calls, free incoming and outgoing calls on roaming within the country and 1GB 4G data per day for 84 days. The new plan from Vodafone counters the Rs 459 plan from Reliance Jio, which was introduced last month as part of tariff refresh. With a recharge of Rs 459, Jio offers unlimited voice calls, unlimited SMS and 4G data benefits of 1GB per day for 84 days. The plan was previously available at Rs 399.
Vodafone has also introduced the FRC 177 plan for Delhi-NCR region that offers the same benefits for 28 days. With the Rs 177 recharge, Vodafone prepaid customers in Delhi-NCR will get unlimited local and STD calls and 1GB data for 28 days. While the plan is available as part of the first recharge, existing customers can avail the same benefit with recharge of Rs 181 and Rs 195. There is no clarity on whether Vodafone plans to make these plans available in other sectors as well.
Vodafone is currently in the process of merging its services with Idea Cellular to create India's largest telecom operator in terms of subscriber base. The company has managed to counter reliance jioWhere to buy 1300 7849 with aggressive tariff plans but TRAI numbers indicate that its subscriber addition has been marginal over the past few months. With Reliance Jio announcing JioPhone and Airtel partnering Karbonn and Celkon to launch affordable 4G smartphones, Vodafone has also announced Bharat 2 Ultra in partnership with Micromax at Rs 999. The companies are now seen to be competing to turn nearly 500 million feature phone users into 4G smartphone subscribers.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures