Vodafone is introducing a new postpaid plan to better compete with Reliance Jio's unlimited calling plans. According to telecom blogger, Sanjay Bafna, the new special postpaid plan is priced at Rs. 786 and comes with with unlimited local and STD voice calls, along with free 25GB of 3G/4G data. The company also offers unlimited incoming calls for free while roaming.
Back in March, Vodafone had introduced a Rs. 346 postpaid plan under 'Vodafone Delights' that offered unlimited voice calls and 28GB 4G data with a FUP of 1GB 4G data per day. The Rs. 346 plan was valid only until March 15 and this new Rs. 786 plan seems like an extension of that plan. With this plan, Vodafone is following in the footsteps of Airtel, which introduced a 30GB free data plan for its postpaid subscribers.
Vodafone recently announced merger with Idea Cellular and the combined entity forms the largest telecom service provider in India. The move came as part of consolidation from the telecom industry to compete with Reliance Jio's aggressively priced plans.
Other Popular Deals
- Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (May 2018)14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures