Vodafone says Reliance Jio is still “luring customers” to subscribe to its Summer Surprise offer, even though regulator TRAI told the company to roll back the offer. “Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 is continuing with this offer held as not meeting regulatory norms, in the garb of configuration changes. For past three days, it has been promoting and luring customers to quickly recharge to avail the benefits of a non-compliant offer and also asking its retailers to communicate the same,” said Vodafone, in its letter to TRAI.
The Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 Summer Surprise offer was announced on March 31, when the company’s Happy New Year offer ended. Jio basically extended the same offer to users who had bought its Rs. 303 pack and joined the Jio Prime service. The company would give these users 3 months of complimentary 4G service, with the same benefits as on the Happy New Year offer.
This move, though, was found to be non-compliant of norms by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), which then asked Jio to take back the offer. “We request for TRAI’s immediate intervention and issuance of suitable directions to Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 for withdrawing the said offer on immediate basis and notifying the consumers about withdrawal of said offer from the date of advisory received from TRAI,” Vodafone wrote.
In its letter, Vodafone also includes a sample SMS, allegedly being sent to retailers by Jio. The SMS, which is originally in Hindi, notifies retailers that Jio has given users time till 10 April, to recharge with its 303/499 packs. The SMS says consumers will get benefits till 28 July after subscribing to the offer.
“In our view, such promotion of the customers on an offer held as non-compliant, is a blatant violation and disregard of TRAI’s advisory. Such promotions to customers makes the regulatory advisory meaningless,” wrote Vodafone. “Further, it paints a wrong picture to customers, of non-robuts regulatory framework where non-compliant offers are allowed to be sold in the market,” reads the letter.
Following TRAI’s directions, Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 had earlier announced that the Summer Surprise offer will be withdrawn as soon as feasible. However, Jio said that all of its customers, who had already received the benefits of its new offer would continue to get the same. Answering Vodafone's claims, a Reliance Jio spokesperson said, "Please refer to our press release of 6th April 2017, wherein we made it clear that Jio Summer Surprise will be withdrawn as soon as it is operationally feasible, in compliance with the regulator’s advice. All the customers who have subscribed to Jio Summer Surprise offer prior to its discontinuation will remain eligible for the offer. We are pained to note such continued and deliberate attempts by competitors to create unnecessary confusion in the market."
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures