UPDATE: Reliance Jio has refused to comment on the issue as of now.
Seems like Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 is still not out of troubled waters as far as their free voice calling and data offers are concerned. The firebrand telecom entrant has now been asked by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to explain how its extended promotional offer does not violate regulations. As per pre-existing norms, promotional offers are allowed for a limited time period of 90 days. Reliance Jio’s promotional welcome offer with 4GB of free data daily, free voice calls was supposed to end on December 3, but the company extended the same till March 31, 2017.
TRAI’s fresh inquiry comes a few days after incumbent operator Airtel filed a 25-page petition with the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT), saying that TRAI has been a “mute spectator” while Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 has been wrongly permitted to continue its promotional offer beyond 90 days.
However, it should be noted that on December 21, TRAI had given Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 a green chit for its promotional offer, after investigating the company for predatory pricing. The regulator had stated that Reliance Jio’s offer of lifetime free voice calling services complies with existing rules and is not discriminatory. PTI had reported that the authority sent a letter to telecom operators which stated, “it is found that the tariff plans filed with TRAI cannot be considered as IUC non-complaint, predatory and discriminatory, at present.”
Seems like the regulator is under pressure from the quasi-judicial tribunal, after Airtel’s appeal against the discriminatory nature of Jio’s services. We are awaiting an official comment from Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 on the same.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures