The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has stated that Reliance Jio’s offer of lifetime free voice calling services complies with existing rules and are not discriminatory. PTI reports that the authority sent a letter to telecom operators which stated, “it is found that the tariff plans filed with TRAI cannot be considered as IUC non-complaint, predatory and discriminatory, at present.”
A few month’s ago, reliance jioWhere to buy 1300 7849 stormed into the telecom sector by announcing free voice calling to its subscribers as well free 4G data till December. Reacting to TRAI’s letter, Jio said in a statement, “This clearly establishes the fact that all the tariffs offered by RJIL are in compliance with the prevailing regulations. A key feature of RJIL’s tariff packs is free voice calling for Local, STD and National roaming for all times.”
Incumbent operators have previously questioned Jio’s free voice-calling offer. Recently, it was reported, that TRAI had floated a paper in which it considered removing the interconnect charges for VoLTE calls. Currently, operators are charged 14p, which makes up a huge part of the revenue generated by operators. In response, Cellular Operators Association of India) COAI asked TRAI to put the review of interconnect charges on hold and that the same should be deferred by a few months. reliance jioWhere to buy 1300 7849 has also accused current operators of violating TRAI norms.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures