The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India had launched its speed test online portal and app, My Speed, back in July. Since then it has been widely used for checking data speeds across India. Now, as per the average analysis of internet speeds on the My Speed portal, it has been revealed that newly launched telecom network Reliance Jio is the slowest 4G network in India with an average download speed of 6.2Mbps as per 1552857 speed tests. Airtel tops the chart with an average download speed of 11.4Mbps. As far as upload speeds are concerned, Idea Cellular trumps Vodafone, Airtel and Jio (in that order) with an average upload speed of 4.1Mbps, while Jio stands at 2.4Mbps. Following is how the telcos stack up against each other.
Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 has contested TRAI speed test results. In a statement made to TOI, Jio said, “With reference to statistics published on Trai's analytics website, we have performed an internal analysis of the same. Based on this analysis, we believe that the comparison of Jio speeds with other operators has an inherent bias against Jio data usage...Historically, we have observed that a disproportionate number of speed tests are performed once the FUP comes into effect. This is because most users don't consider performing the test until they observe a deterioration of speed... This has the effect of dragging the average far below the speeds experienced by Jio customers who are enjoying full 4G LTE speeds.”
Since the commercial rollout of Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849, the network has been facing many hardships in the form of low data speeds, poor call connectivity, lack of interconnect points, unavailability of SIM cards and activation issues. A recent survey by popular speed test app Ookla also pointed out reduced data speeds on Jio over a period of time. The Ookla report stated, “Download speeds for 4G capable phones actually decreased 23% month-over-month from 11.31 Mbps to 8.77 Mbps.”
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures