COAI's Director General Rajan S Mathews has written a detailed letter to Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad requesting the latter to review the spectrum pricing for upcoming auction. According to Rajan S Mathews, high spectrum pricing may compel the telecom operators to increase mobile tariffs and adversely impact the government's ambitious Digital India initiative.
"High reserve prices will adversely impact the business viability of the operators... it will lead to increased tariffs, thereby hurting the government's targets of affordability, rural penetration and Digital India," he says in the letter.
The COAI points out the government has approved a hike of 32.5 percent in base price of spectrum in 900 MHz over price suggested by the TRAI. Also, the new reserve base price are about 107 percent higher compared to the amount paid by companies for 3G spectrum in 2010.
Akamai Releases Third Quarter 2014 ‘State of the Internet’ Report
Akamai has released Third Quarter, 2014 State of the Internet Report, which reveals the global average connection speed decreased 2.8% to 4.5 Mbps, while the global peak connection speed decreased 2.3% to 24.8 Mbps.
Japan joined South Korea and Hong Kong to give Asia-Pacic the top three spots in the average connection speed metric globally and regionally, while India had the lowest at 2.0 Mbps. Hong Kong had the highest peak speed regionally and globally at 84.6 Mbps peak connection
speed, while India had the lowest peak speed in the region at 13.9 Mbps.
Data and graphics from the Third Quarter, 2014 State of the Internet Report can be found on the Akamai State of the Internet site.
Aircel launches ‘Grand Online Data Sale’
Aircel has launched Grand Online Data Sale under which the operator is offering up to 80% discount on WAP Content – music, videos, games and wallpapers, and exclusive benefits on Data Recharges and Bundled offers on Devices.
Aircel’s month-long ‘Grand Online Data Sale’ starts on January 7, 2015 and is available for customers by logging on to www.gods.in, as well as on Aircel’s mobile site www.thegods.in.
“With the growing adoption of smartphones, the usage of Data products and services has almost become a way of life today for millions of Indians, especially the youth. Aircel has always pushed the envelope on innovating in this sphere and ensured great affordability for it at the same time. We’re proud to pioneer this concept, and are confident that our valued customers will enjoy the experience of online shopping for all their data needs on a single platform, adding more joy to their celebrations this festive season.”
Other Popular Deals
- Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (May 2018)14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures