Majority of India’s telecom market comprises of prepaid market, which Reliance Jio has successfully managed to capture when it launched with much aplomb in 2016. Now, the Mukesh Ambani-owned company has set its eyes on postpaid users and announced Jio Postpaid. The first plan under its postpaid offering includes the Rs 199 plan that comes with 25GB of 4G LTE along with unlimited voice calls, SMS messages and access to Jio apps, which has become a standard across all of Jio’s plans.
The plan will be available for users from Tuesday, May 15.
What’s new is that the plan will offer ISD calls to all subscribers of the Rs 199 postpaid plan. There will not be a need to activate it or give a security deposit. Furthermore, Jio is offering “one click” activation of international roaming for all users of the plan.
“Jio Postpaid brings a differentiated connected living experience to postpaid users and will once again challenge the industry status quo by offering the lowest tariffs in India and abroad to the postpaid users, who end up paying disproportionately higher as compared to the prepaid segment,” Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849 said in a statement.
Cost of ISD calls from Reliance Jio network has been detailed by the company as well. Calls to USA and Canada will start at Rs 0.50 per minute, while it will be Rs 2 per minute for Bangladesh, China, France, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Turkey, it will be Rs 3 per minute, while Rs 4 per minute will be charged for calls to Australia, Bahrain, Pakistan and Thailand. Calls to Germany, Ireland, Japan, Kuwait, Russia and Vietnam will fetch a cost of Rs 5 per minute and calls to Israel, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, UAE and Uzbekistan will be Rs 6 per minute.
Additionally, the roaming packs are being offered in two slabs depending on the country you are visiting. The first slab will allow voice calls for Rs 2 per minute, mobile data at Rs 2 per MB and SMS messages for Rs 2 per message. The second slab will have voice calls for Rs 10 per minute, mobile data at Rs 10 per MB and text messages at Rs 10 per message.
There are three international roaming packs to choose from — Rs 575, Rs 2,198 and Rs 5,751. The Rs 575 plan will offer 250 MB of LTE data with a validity of 1 day. The second Rs 2,198 plan offers Rs 250 MB per day with a validity of 7 days and finally, the Rs 5,751 plan offers 5GB of data for a period of 30 days.
The roaming packs can be availed when travelling to UAE, US, Thailand, Singapore, United Kingdom, Germany, Sri Lanka, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, Spain, New Zealand, Turkey, Philippines, Hungary, Greece, Portugal, Romania, Czech Republic and Ireland.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures