Reliance Jio could soon be entering the broadband space to offer low-cost services to their consumers. As per a report by TelecomTalk, the JioFiber service could go live by the end of this quarter and offer free service with speeds of up to 100Mbps at launch. The company is currently testing its broadband service in select regions of the country like Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Surat, Vadodara and Hyderabad.
According to the report, JioFiber plans could be priced starting at Rs 500 for 600GB of data and offer 1000GB of data at Rs 2,000 for one month, with speeds of up to 100Mbps. Additionally, other broadband providers such as Airtel Broadband, ACT Fiber, BSNL, and MTNL are also expected to drop their plans’ prices after the JioFiber service rolls out.
Reliance Jio is reportedly planning to bundle both its broadband and Internet TV connection, into a single service. This is being done so that a user need not pay separately for their landline, broadband and cable TV connection. Customers will reportedly have fixed voice, media share, live and catch up TV, home automation, surveillance and gaming services bundled together and get access to the company’s suite of apps as well.
Currently, JioFiber service is available only in the above mentioned select regions with preview offers under which users get 100GB of free data per month. The company had initially promised to offer three months of free broadband services to its customers, however, similar to its 4G services, beta users can expect Jio to continue with the offer till an official launch.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures